EIGHTEEN; BARREL RIDE

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

The dwarves were trying to guess what time it was, as they had to way to see the outside world from their cells. Bofur guessed it was sometime around dawn.

Ori sighed after Bofur had said that. "We're never going to reach the mountain, are we?" He said, sadness taking his voice.

"Not stuck in here, you're not."

Magauna widened her eyes and jumped up from her spot on the floor of her cell. She knew that voice all too well by now. She ran to the bars of her cell and looked out. There, standing with a ring of iron keys was the Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins.

"Bilbo!" Balin exclaimed, rather loudly.

Magauna smiled and shook her head. "Oh you cheeky little bastard."

Bilbo was quick to hush them. "Shh! There's guards near by!" He said quietly. He then preceded to take the keys he held and unlock their cells.

Being further down the line of cells, Magauna was one of the last to be freed. She smiled when she walked out. "I bloody knew it." She said, patting Bilbo on the shoulder a bit more harsh than necessary as she walked past him to follow the rest of the dwarves up the stairs.

"Not that way!" Bilbo called to them before they valued wander off too far. "Down here. Follow me!" He instructed.

The Company followed the Hobbit without questioning as head them farther down into the Halls than out. They snuck down a set of stairs that led to a wine cellar. Several Elves sat at a table, or more so lay, and were passed out, several bottles of wine in front of them.

Bilbo watched them cautiously for a moment before leading the Company further into the cellar. "This way." He whispered to them.

They all creeped past the sleeping Elves and behind a rack of wine bottles.

"I don't believe it; we're in the cellars!" Kili exclaimed in an excited whisper, looking around.

Magauna grinned and pulled a bottle of wine from one of the racks. "This is the good stuff, too." She whispered back.

"Both of you quit it!" Dwalin hissed, snatching the wine from Magauna's hand and sliding it back onto its rack.

The Half-Elf scowled and huffed. "Nit-wit." She muttered just loud enough for Kili to be the only one to here, making him struggle to hold back his laughter.

"You were supposed to be leading us out," Bofur suddenly whispered to Bilbo as they snuck around. "Not further in!"

"I know what I'm doing!" Bilbo insisted. "This way."

The Company followed him to a larger part of the cellar, where about sixteen barrels were stacked sideways on the floor in the middle of the room, all of them pertaining an open end.