Chapter 1: No Degree

It was a particularly hot summer day. The green plants lining both sides of the road stood weakly. The chirping of insects was anxiety inducing.

When a grand car collided with a motorcycle under the glittering, sunlit road, the people who usually enjoyed watching lively scenes hid underneath the shade of the trees. For once, they didn't budge. On such a hot day, even if their husbands or wives ran off, they wouldn't be willing to step out of the door and chase after them.

The person riding the motorcycle had rammed into the headlights of the grand car and had also fallen off from the motorcycle. The zipper of the duffel bag that had been placed at the back of the motorcycle broke and the items inside spilled out, rolling all over the ground messily.

"Hey!" A delicate, rowdy-looking youth alighted from the car and crossed his arms, looking down at the young man who was picking up the things from the ground. "Bro, you're here to swindle me?" He had been driving perfectly fine, yet this motorcycle had rushed out from the corner for no reason and knocked against his car directly. How could he not feel wronged?

Fortunately, he had been driving normally and had even installed a recording device. Otherwise, he would be swindled again.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention while driving," The young man didn't have the time to pick up the scattered items and stood up, apologizing to the youth. "I will definitely take responsibility for what I did."

The youth looked askance at the young man as he sized him up. He had rather delicate features, but who in this age still wore t-shirts with holes in them? There was also that mess of twigs and plants on the ground. He even saw a lump of pink mud.

Someone who could even treat this junk as treasure probably wasn't right in the head.

"Do you know how much the headlights on my car costs?" He kicked at a small stone beside his foot. It seemed to have also dropped out of the duffel bag.

"I don't, don't know," The young man stared fixedly at the headlight for a few seconds before opening his mouth hesitantly. "How, how much?"

The youth inhaled deeply and told himself not to haggle with a poor ghost. He waved a hand impatiently. "Scram, scram, scram. You know you don't have the money to compensate yet still don't want to quickly run off?!"

"You don't want me to compensate?" The young man scratched his head. He stooped and picked up the collapsed motorcycle with one hand before forcefully pounding the top with his bare hands twice. The originally bent motorcycle head... straightened.

The youth glanced at his own thin arms and legs and then looked at the other party's arms which didn't seem very well-built yet contained a lot of strength. Swallowing, he stealthily took a few steps back and placed a hand on the car handle.

F*ck. This, this was considered threatening him with violence, right?

"No, no need for compensation. Go, go," A wise man knew better than to fight when the odds were against him. There was absolutely no need for him to be too firm when the moment came for him to be terrified.

"How would that be proper?" The young man shook the motorcycle. With a bang, quite a few motorcycle parts fell out. He pushed the motorcycle to the side, stooped and rummaged in the duffel bag for a while, and then presented a black thing to the youth. "Compensation should be given after breaking something. Consume this Ranyi meat and evil spirits will be warded off, allowing one to sleep peacefully. Take it as compensation."

The youth burned with rage internally yet didn't dare to express it out loud. He took the thing that had a fishy smell and squeezed out a wisp of a smile. "Thank you."