Chapter 8: Zoujiao

After a few days of work at the hotel, Fu Li still hadn't seen the younger generation cultivator boss of the hotel. However, he did receive quite a few tips. This hotel was a top-grade one and many service staff or security guards had to help customers carry their luggage as part of their service duties. Fu Li had considerable strength and protected the customers' luggage very well, so he had received numerous tips.

Many customers even specially praised Fu Li in the suggestion book when they left. Thus, despite working for only half a month at the hotel, he was named and rewarded by the lobby manager during the staff meeting.

After the meeting ended, Fu Li faintly heard statements like 'boy toy' and 'bedwarmer'. When he turned around, those people didn't dare to open their mouths anymore. The manager of the security department came over and patted him on the shoulder, smiling. "Little Fu, little He's wife is going to give birth. Help him cover his shift tonight."

The reproduction of a species was a major event; Fu Li agreed without even thinking.

The manager smiled even more happily. As a superior, he was naturally very satisfied with this newcomer who was steadfast, capable, and obedient.

For top-grade hotels like Affinity Moon, checking-in of guests took place twenty-four hours on a daily basis, including the provision of food, beverage, leisure, entertainment and accommodation. Therefore, the employees at this place worked according to a three-shift system in order to ensure the customers could enjoy service of the highest quality at any time.

After night fell, the sky became somewhat gloomy. Fu Li glanced at the sky and told the cleaner auntie who was in a rush to get home, "The weather isn't very good. Go home earlier, don't tarry on the way back."

"Ai, okay," The cleaner auntie took out a box of sweets from her bag. These were the leftover sweets from the wedding in the hotel today. The customers didn't want them, so they were distributed to the workers. "Little Fu, eat some sweets and let the happiness rub off on you. Quickly find a girlfriend that's to your liking."

"Thank you," Fu Li didn't reject her. He took the box of sweets and stuffed it into the pocket of his pants. Then, he went to the front counter and loaned an umbrella, passing it to the cleaner auntie. "Use it on the way back."

The cleaner auntie didn't intend to bring it along, but seeing Fu Li insist on it, she felt that she shouldn't waste the kindness of a young man and thus brought it along.

Midway, the cleaner auntie saw that the nearby supermarket was giving a discount on vegetables and fruits, and thus went in to buy some. She had just walked out of the supermarket when a gale abruptly arose outside. Rain and hail pitter-pattered as it struck the ground chaotically.

This place was only a few hundred meters away from her house. She opened the umbrella Fu Li lent to her, blocked the frightening hail, and brisk walked towards her house.

The her who was anxious to return home didn't realize that the large hailstones that landed on her umbrella all transformed into rainwater. Neither did the strong winds overturn the seemingly poor-quality umbrella.

The longer the rain went on, the stronger it became. The entire city was immersed in torrential rain. The Affinity Moon hotel was on higher ground, so no rainwater had seeped in for now. But outside, there was a dense mass of gale, sudden claps of thunder, heavy rain, and hail. It was a somewhat frightening sight.

The few ladies at the front counter huddled together and beckoned Fu Li, who was standing at the entrance, to come over and hide from the rain. They were all aware that Fu Li didn't have high academic qualifications and had come from the countryside, but because he was good-looking and polite, their good opinion of Fu Li wasn't affected.