Chapter 9: Reward

Zhang Ke recognized Fu Li as the little yao who had lent him the yao-beating whip. He was about to happily go up when Zhuang Qing stretched out a hand and held him back.

"Boss?" Zhang Ke looked at Zhuang Qing in confusion. He didn't understand why he would hold him back. Zhuang Qing paid no heed to him. His gaze swept across the long and smooth black python lying on the ground as he spoke to Fu Li, "Many thanks to this friend for lending a helping hand."

"What happened here?" Peng Hang wasn't clear on the origins of the two men and woman, but subconsciously felt worried that the youth who had lied and used fake medicine to rescue someone would be at a disadvantage. Thus, he fished out his police identification. "May I know what happened here?"

"Police uncle, it's you," Fu Li pointed at the black python which hadn't even twitched from start to finish. "I passed by this place after work and realized that there was a snake lying on the ground."

Peng Hang: Who's your uncle?

He took a few steps forward and stood beside Fu Li. The entire body of the large snake was jet-black, and there were wounds on its tail and abdominal section. It had probably been struck by thunder; its wounds were a scorched black. Peng Hang hurriedly took out his phone and contacted the forestry bureau, arranging for them to send people over.

After hanging up, Peng Hang turned and glanced at Zhuang Qing's group of three not too far away. Furrowing his brows, he asked, "Who would you be?"

Zhang Ke and Xu Yuang were a little stunned. They hadn't at all expected for the evil Jiao to have been struck by thunder to this extent. Its cultivation had practically been dispersed. It would probably be unable to change into a human form without cultivating for a couple more centuries. What evil deeds had this Jiao done in the past to have been so ruthlessly struck by thunder?

Anyway, the yaoguai that they were going to catch was going to be taken away by the forestry bureau. How should they deal with this?

Fu Li looked at Zhang Ke. Recalling how the other party had promised to apply for the special reward for him, he told Peng Hang. "They're my friends. They heard that I ran into a large snake, so they came over to join in the fun."

"The rain is very heavy now. Even if you want to take a look at the fun, you should still pay attention to safety," Peng Hang had long grown accustomed to the common people's natural fondness for going where the fun was. After 'educating' Zhuang Qing's group for a while more, he spoke to Fu Li again, "Wait here for the people from the forestry bureau. I still need to patrol nearby."

"Okay," Fu Li nodded obediently.

Peng Hang wanted to give Fu Li a few more words of advice so that he wouldn't give others anymore so-called panacea passed down from his ancestors to drink. But out of consideration that Fu Li's friends were present, he restrained himself from doing so. Young people always wanted to present a good image of themselves in front of their friends; these words could be said later on.

After Peng Hang left, the atmosphere in the alley started to become awkward. Zhang Ke wiped the rainwater on his face. Seeing that his boss didn't have any intentions of speaking, he smiled dryly and introduced them. "Boss, this is the daoyou that lent me the yao-beating whip."

Zhuang Qing cast several interested glances at Fu Li before thanking him, "Many thanks to this daoyou for your help."

"You're welcome," Fu Li shook his head, unconcerned. "When will my prize money be sent to me?"

"Two days later," Zhuang Qing took a few steps forward. The raindrops that landed on him slid to the ground directly; not a single part of his clothes was wet. His legs were extremely long and slender. Within a few steps, he reached Fu Li. "I'll write out an invoice for you later."