16- ointment

The two of them hugged each other quietly, and the atmosphere was momentarily warm.

Fu Mingye suddenly said: "Don't worry, I have a way to treat it."

Qi Baicha: "Hm?"

Fu Mingye let go of him, quickly opened the drawer of the bedside table, and dug out a stick of ointment, saying, "This can cure hemorrhoids."

Qi Baicha stared at him silently for three seconds: "Why is this kind of thing in the drawer?"

"Chacha, when you said you had this old disease back then, I just... cough, I've always been paying attention and trying to help you find an ointment to treat it. I found a very effective ointment that guaranteed it would be cured once applied. Who would've known that by the time I found it, you were already fine, and it was useless." Fu Mingye said as he unscrewed the ointment, "But isn't it useful now? Lay down and take off your pants, and I'll apply the medicine onto you."

In reality, it was just an ordinary hemorrhoid ointment, and it wouldn't have the miraculous effect of curing the disease. This ointment was actually just a cover-up, which was just conjured when he stuck his hand into the drawer.

Fu Mingye couldn't bear Qi Baicha suffering, planning to cure him with divine power.

It was just that the evil god was not a god of healing, nor was he a professional healer. He couldn't heal without contact, and had to put his hands on the wound before casting a spell; he could only do it that way.

Fu Mingye wanted to treat Qi Baicha before marriage as well, but because of their relationship at that time, it wasn't like he was a doctor, so there was no reason to check the other's hidden wounds at all, or personally apply medicine onto him.

"..." Qi Baicha was surprised.

"It's okay," he declined. "It's been there for so long, it's probably expired."

"No, the shelf life is three years, and only one year has passed." Fu Mingye didn't let him worry, "Hurry up and lay down, the earlier it's applied the earlier you'll get better."

Qi Baicha stiffened: "I'll do it myself."

Fu Mingye said in a tone that allowed no questioning: "No. It's not even convenient for you."

How could Chacha do it on his own? The thing that could actually cure him wasn't the ointment but the divine power, and he had to be the one to do it.

Qi Baicha almost passed out.

Wouldn't he be exposed once he took it off? He originally didn't even have hemorrhoids.

It was possible to use a blindfold method to create an appearance of having the disease... But the snow god's face was thin, and being able to bear the shame of pretending to have this reason of having hemorrhoids was already his limit. Making him add this kind of illusion to himself... he really couldn't do it.
t/n: thin face = easily embarrassed

It went too much against his divinity.

Fu Mingye saw Qi Baicha's hesitation and embarrassment.

"Chacha shouldn't be shying away, right?" Fu Mingye teased, "It's not like I haven't seen it before. How come you're acting reserved around your own husband?"

Qi Baicha blushed slightly: "You can't look."

He whispered: "It's ugly."

Fu Mingye laughed, saying patiently: "It's not like I'll dislike you. Have you not made up your mind?"

Qi Baicha couldn't resist Fu Mingye's gentleness.

But he really couldn't expose himself.

Qi Baicha sighed lightly, since it had come to this...