Chapter 4: The Negotiation

The cold sea breeze washed over the kansens on the deck of the Montana. (Y/n) himself was reading the book he got earlier, leaning against the railing of the ship.

The trip was awfully silent, though (Y/n) preferred it more than having a noisy conversation. The female kansens observed the male with great interest, mostly Atago, Takao, and Eugen who were eyeing him from head to toe for the past then minutes.

"So... Montana, was it?" Enterprise finally spoke.

"Call me (Y/n)." (Y/n) replied, not even bothering to look at her.

"Okay." Enterprise nodded. "What exactly are you?"

(Y/n) glanced at her and raised an eyebrow. "A kansen. Isn't that obvious?"

Enterprise sighed. "I mean, what are you? Are you an ally or a foe?"

The male kansen turned his attention again to his book and flipped a page. "Depends. If you treat me as an ally, I'll treat you as an ally. If you think I'm an enemy, then you're my enemy as well."

"Aw... Don't worry, (Y/n)-kun~" Atago interjected. "We won't hurt you. Right, Enterprise?"

"For now." Enterprise answered.

After a few minutes of travelling, they had finally reached the island. (Y/n) suddenly felt a wave of killing intent coming from below, prompting him to glance towards the beach, only to find his wives glaring at him, as if they're looking right into his soul.

'Fuck...' (Y/n) cursed in his mind.

The male kansen jumped from his ship and landed just a few meters right infront of the girls. He only gave a nervous smile and waved a bit at them.

The shipgirls soon followed after the male, coming face to face with the Iowa-class, which only intensified the killing aura that was surrounding them.

"I see you've brought some visitors, (Y/n)." Iowa broke the silence. "Let's talk inside, shall we?"

---

"I see." Iowa nodded and glanced at (Y/n) and New Jersey. "So our cover's been blown."

"Hey, how was that my fault?" (Y/n) raised his voice. "Purifier attacked first, and civilians are in danger. We've got no choice."

"He's right, sis." New Jersey agreed.

Iowa focused her attention back to the shipgirls. "So, what do you want from us?"

"High Command has redesignated you." Enterprise continued their conversation.

Missouri scoffed. "Want to translate that from bullshit to English?"

"It means we're on the list." The male kansen interjected.

"What list?" Missouri echoed.

"Foreign terror organization list." Enterprise explained. "They said they don't know your motives as of now, that's why they've sent us to investigate you."

"They better keep their muppets on a short string." Wisconsin spoke. "Or I'll fucking hang them from it."

"Rest assured, we're not here to cause any harm to you or to your husband." Takao clarified. "We only want to know about your origins, that's why we're inviting you to Azur Lane for questioning."

"Why not talk here?" (Y/n) asked.

"As much as we want to, our Commander's orders are to bring you five back to base as soon as possible." Atago said.

"If you don't comply, we will have to take you by force, or eliminate you completely." Enterprise added.

(Y/n) sighed and glanced at his wives. "What do you girls think?"

The Iowa-class gathered around and began whispering at eachother. After a few moments, they glanced at (Y/n) and simultaneously nodded.

(Y/n) nodded back. He then looked at Enterprise. "Okay, we'll go."

Enterprise smiled. "Alright. We'll leave in thirty minutes."