Chapter 14

Third person POV..

Suddenly it started to pour. Within moments, the entire place came into the grasp of darkness and the black clouds began to roar. Even the sun seemed too scared to wait for the moon to appear and the hid itself before its time. As for her, she decided to walk home as it was quite impossible to locate any means of transport, especially bus, in this terrible weather. It was getting even darker and she began to feel so alone.

It's not that she didn't have friends, but none of her friends lived near her house. No one even used her route. She always felt quite unfortunate to return home all alone especially whenever it rained. Yet somehow she would manage to grab a cab or a bus on her way despite the heavy rain. Today however, things seemed quite different.

The moment she stepped out of her college, the dark place was lit up with lightning followed by the crackling sound, terrifying her. She realized it was not going to be easy for her to return home like any other rainy day. She felt that her umbrella wasn't a fine protective device to defend herself from the wrath of the thunder god.

She began to walk and after sometime she found herself the only person walking along the lonely wet streets. But she wasn't alone. She was always accompanied by the stormy winds, bright lightning and the continuous rain. As a child, she used to welcome rain and even waited for the thunderstorm. She would intentionally make herself wet and used to enjoy the wet breeze passing her by. But today, neither was she enjoying nor did she have any wish to get herself wet. She suddenly stopped walking when she saw two couples dancing in the rain. Suddenly she burst into tears when she remembered something.

.
•===
Flashbacks

3years ago..

I looked at her while she was busy looking at the beautiful view while she was smiling i look at away and when I felt my tears dripping I immediately wiped them using my hand,. I always tell myself that I'll dance in the rain. That I'll stifle my cautious ways, if just for a moment and take my naked feet to prance around in the puddles that litter the street. When I imagine it I am in a white dress that flows freely in air and hangs itself like a canopy around my thighs. It's night in my fantasy and the street lights bounce off the droplets of water and make the earth around me glisten as if it knows some wild joy that I have not yet had, and I always tell myself after this, next time, I'll dance with her, with my love. Then I felt her pair of hands wrapped around my waist so I sighed and held her hand on my waist. I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"Babe.." I called her then she hummed in response I bit my lip secretly I don't want to cry infront of her. "Can I have a favor?" I tried not to cry I heard her chuckled softly

"What is it hmm?." She said softly as she rest her chin on my shoulder I look at her then I smile painfully I can't leave her alone like this oh god help me. "If I'm about to die I want you to dance me under the rain, i want you to dance me under the rain in my last day." I said then she immediately pulled out the hugged she turned me around to face her she gave a question look.

"What kind of favor is that babe? you know what you're saying isn't funny." She said I just giggled on her reaction.."I know babe, I just watched it on K-drama last night." I said with a lie she sighed deeply

"I told you stop watching K-drama aishh." She said in annoyed I laughed then peck her lips I look at her and sighed.." But babe I'm serious I just found it romantically ya'know, can you do it for me?." I said then she shook her head and she sighed softly.

"If that day ever comes, I would love to dance you under the rain But for now, don't think about those things the most i hate of all is to lose you in my life forever so please don't leave me no matter what happens promise?." She said sincerely then she hugged me I can't help but to cry I'm sorry..