Chapter 19: Orphan Yao

Zhuang Qing's sudden appearance made Fu Li somewhat confused. He took a step to the side. "Mr Zhuang, why are you here?"

"I sensed fluctuations in yao qi just now and thought that a formidable yao was roaming about, so I came to take a look. I wasn't expecting it to be Mr Fu," Clad in a branded suit, Zhuang Qing seemed a little out of place when standing in the corridor of this old-fashioned private house. His gaze looked past Fu Li's shoulders, landing on the photo hung on the wall behind the door.

"Don't worry. I used a concealment method when using the Thousand Mile Technique. Human monitoring devices won't be able to capture me," Fu Li's understanding of the human world wasn't very robust, but the him who had been a hotel security guard for the greater part of a month knew just how impressive the monitoring devices in the human world were.

For a moment, Zhuang Qing didn't know whether he should praise Fu Li for his attentiveness, or whether he himself was making a big fuss out of a minor issue. Perhaps the Zhuyan's 'yao emperor' that had yet to appear had already caused fear to bud in his heart.

This country had a population of over a billion. If the yao emperor were to suddenly rise in revolt, there would be countless deaths. He could not take this bet.

Fu Li turned and shut the door. "Mr Fu, since there's nothing wrong, why don't we take a look?"

Zhuang Qing didn't express his attitude. Seeing Fu Li walk downstairs, he followed after him silently.

The sea breeze carried the unique smell of the ocean. The waves beat against the seawater, producing the sound of gurgling water. Zhou Mu ran the entire way without resting for even a moment, till he caught sight of a familiar silhouette by the sea.

"Mum!" He called out the term of address he had been using for twenty-eight years. He ran to the elderly woman just like a young bird returning to its nest.

"You're back?" The elderly woman stood on tiptoe and arranged the military cap on her tall son's head. Seeing the military medal on his chest, a proud smile appeared on her face. "You did a meritorious deed for the army again?"

"What meritorious deed," The man nearing thirty years old revealed a bashful smile. He removed the cap and held it in one hand, while gripping the elderly woman's hand with the other. Smiling, he said, "Let's go back. This place is cold, don't harm your health."

"Okay, okay, okay, let's go home," The elderly lady beamed at Zhou Mu as she walked slowly. The man who was accustomed to taking wide strides bent his back and took small quick steps. His posture was a bit funny. The tide surged ahead, splashing against their ankles before slowly retreating. Not even half a footprint was left behind at the areas they passed by.

"Mr Zhuang, the time limit of three days is up," Wang Zhen walked to Zhuang Qing's side and glanced at the crescent moon in the sky. "This humble one has a duty to fulfill, may Mr Zhuang please understand."

With drooping eyelids, Zhuang Qing watched the mother and son slowly make their way along the sand hand-in-hand. After a long while, he opened his mouth, his voice so apathetic that it nearly seemed void of emotion. "Many thanks to yinchai daren for your flexibility."

"How can this be considered flexibility? A soldier defending his country lost his life in the prime of his life. It is only right to allow mother and son to meet one more time," Wang Zhen took a deep breath. "This mother and son can support each other on the way; they won't be lonely."

He turned and noticed Fu Li beside Zhuang Qing. Though he had seen the other party at the hotel when he went to gather souls, he wasn't very clear of the other party's identity. Thus, after nodding at Fu Li, he made his way to the mother and son pair.