Chapter 15.

~August~

The surprised look on her face was exactly what I was going for.

"You can walk in you know." I joked. "And close ya mouth before some flies go in thea'."

She looked up at me and smiled slightly.

"August, this is...this is," She stopped herself and wiped her face.

"Bethany, I told you. I'm doin' what's necessary fa our son."

A look of disappointment flashed across her face but disappeared when she turns and walks into the room.

"This is the most wonderful thing anyone has ever done for me." She whispered.

She placed her hand on the crib then her stomach and smiled, "I think he'll love it."

"I think he'll love you." I muttered quietly and started to walk out.

"August." She called to me.

I turned back to face her.

"Yeah?"

She grinned and held out her arms."C'mere."

"Nah you might hit me or some shit." I said, faking being scared.

"August bring your tall ass here." She laughed and threw a teething ring at me.

I caught it and smiled.

I missed her laugh.

"Aye, I'm only tall 'cause you short as hell." I walked up to her and wrapped her in my arms, careful not to lean on her stomach.

"Thank you so much, Aug." She laid her head on my chest and I breathed in her scent.

Strawberries.

"Don't thank me for somethin' that's my job B."

She looked up at me.

"Your job was to spoil our unborn son with a fully furnished nursery?" She made a face.

"Well, I want my son to have everythang I couldn't. Includin a carin' father."

She stared up at me and I stared back into her sparkling brown eyes.

I slowly licked my lips.

Her eyes watched my lip movement and I smirked.

"If you want me ta kiss you, all ya gotta do is ask, baybeh."

My words broke her out of her trance and she pulled away from me, rolling her eyes.

"Jackass." She mumbled.

"Admit it B." I follow her down the stairs. "You wanted ta kiss me."

I walked behind her and pushed the front door closed just as she tries to open it.

Her back is against my chest and I'm sure she can feel my heart beat speeding up.

"August." She said after trying to open the door two more times.

"Bethany." I replied, smirking.

"Open the door." She turned to face me and I bite my lip as I stare down at her.

"But why would I do that?" I stepped closer to her and she stepped back, pressing herself against the door.

"So I can leave. Duh." I smiled at her sarcasm.

"But I don't want you ta leave. I wanted you ta enjoy the room a lil more."

She groaned and I have to keep myself from taking her right here against this door.

"August, can I just go home? I'm tired and my feet are killing-August!" She giggled as I pick her up bridal style. "Aug put me down!"

"Nah. Don't feel like it." I carried her to the living room and gently laid her on the couch.

"August can you just-mmmm!" She sighed as I removed her shoes and began to massage her swollen feet.

She had no idea what those sounds were doing to me.

"I'm guessing it feels good then?" I laughed as she glared down at me.

"Mhm, do the other one." She reclined and closed her eyes.

I smirked and switch feet.

After a while, I slowly started massaging up her legs.

"God, this feels good." She whispered.

"Well when I give you this Augzilla again it's gone be even better."

She looked down at me with her eyebrow raised, thinking I was joking.

"August stop playing."

I stared at her, straight-faced.

"Dead ass serious, Bethany. Just tell me when and where."

She rolled her eyes but I noticed her squirming a little.

Don't know why she tripping.

Bethany know she want this Augnado.

I laughed to myself and looked up to see Bethany knocked out.

Damn I guess she was tired.

I stood up and picked her up, exhaling heavily.

Did she get heavier from the last time I picked her up?

She cuddled into my chest, snoring quietly.

I smiled and start to take her upstairs when the front door opened.

"Now isn't a good time."

She pouted and looked at Bethany in my arms.

"Why not, Auggie? Your little girlfriend can join too if she wants."

"Look, I told you, we can't do this no mo'. I got bigger stuff ta deal with." I looked at Bethany still sleeping peacefully. "More important things."

I walked up the stairs to my room, checking on the girls to see them all sleep.

I debated on taking Bethany to my room or the guest room down the hall.

She follows me into my room.

"Don't tell me you done fell in love with this bitch." She said as I tucked Bethany into my bed.

I turned my head fast as hell.

"She ain't no bitch, Janice. She's the mother of my fucking son." I whisper-yelled.

"So is that Silver bitch but is she here? No. So what makes this babymama so special?"

I looked down at Bethany with a smile.

She was on her side with her hand protectively covering her stomach.

I turned back to Janice.

"Her name is Sylvia and Bethany ain't shit like Sylvia. She's kind-hearted,
brilliant, independent," I sat beside Bethany and stroked her hair. "And she's beautiful, inside and out."

Janice went quiet for a second, thinking.

"This won't last long, August. You'll come back to me on your hands and knees once you realize this chick can't do for you what I can. Good luck."

"Lock my damn door." I said as she walks out.

What is it with these hoes now'a days?

I sighed and laid down behind Bethany, throwing my arm across her waist and placing my hand over hers on her stomach.

One thing I didn't mention about Bethany,

Was that I loved her.

Nah, fuck that.

I was in love with her.