111. mummy dearest

PETER WAS FLIPPING through the pages of a book, thinking anxiously to himself as Claudia and Remus continued to act like an old married couple

This basically meant that Claudia was reading a book, and Remus was doing the same with his head on her lap as she ran her fingers through his hair.

Suddenly, however, Remus was no longer reading. No, the boy had come to admiring the girl who was so engulfed in her book that her lips curled absentmindedly and her eyes crinkled.

Of course, Claudia noticed his staring. She always did (according to herself) and this time around it was obvious considering his head was right on her lap.

"Don't look at me from that angle," she said, covering his eyes with her hand.

"Why not?"

"Because I look hideous," she spoke as he removed her hand from his eyes, causing her to only cover her face with her book.

"You could never look hideous," Remus scoffed. "You're bloody perfect."

Claudia's eyes peeked out over the top of the book, "Say that again."

"You're perfect," he chuckled. "The most perfect person there is."

"You just earned yourself some serious boyfriend points," Claudia smiled, putting down the book and placing her hand on his cheek.

"And what can I get from those points?"

"A reward," Claudia whispered, leaning down towards his face to kiss him, only for a loud sigh to interrupt it.

"Pete?" The girl questioned. "Are you alright?"

"No."

"I'm sorry, I know we aren't supposed to be all cheesy around you. I'll go-"

"Not everything is about you two," Peter said quickly, immediately regretting it. "Sorry, that's not what I meant! I only meant that you don't have to go, Claudia."

Claudia and Remus shared a worried and amused glance all at once, and then the two were suddenly on one side each of Peter, who was having some sort of existential crisis.

"Tell me what's on your mind, Pete," Claudia said softly.

"I want to die," he groaned.

Claudia and Remus shared yet another look.

"That's not good, mate," said Remus.

'Really?' Claudia mouthed to the boy, who shrugged in return.

"I don't think you want to die," Claudia said slowly. "But maybe you could tell us why you say so?"

"A girl kissed me."

Another look was shared between the couple, this one rather smug.

"That's great!"