Chapter 7

~ו×~

~ו×~

Darkness

All you could see is darkness. Though that sense is useless right now, you can still hear people talking around you under their breaths. Murmurs of what seemed like conflict filled your ears. You wanted to open your eyes and see but your lids are too heavy for that. You recognize their voices and know who they are but can't seem to pin point what they're conversing about.

"...... Jungkook," you heard Hoseok speak.

Jungkook

Your eyes snapped open when you remembered him nearly being stabbed right in his chest. Worry floods in your head, if anything happens to him, you might not be able to forgive yourself. He has nothing to do with the trouble you are in. Though your body ached from that unannounced fight and the dull pain in your head, you sit right up to look for Jungkook. Everyone's head turned to you in surprise while you look frantically around to see Jungkook.

"Are you alright? You shouldn't be sitting right up that sudden," Jimin walk to you.

But all his words were thrown out the window when Jungkook walked in the tent, his head wrapped in a bandage similar to yours. You stood right up and ran to him.

"Are you okay?" You searched his body and moved your eyes from left to right and let your hand touch his chest where he was about to be stabbed with a sword.

"Clearly she's okay," Yoongi commented while sipping on his water.

Jungkook catches your hand and held it. He can see the worry in your eyes. They are glistening in attempt to stop yourself from tearing up. You've seen that scenario a couple of times and it always ended badly.

"Calm down y/n. I'm alright, you on the other hand isn't," Jungkook motions to your bandaged head and a couple of wounds you haven't noticed.

"Let's get you to bed," he assisted you back as you were still barefeet and was only wearing a chemise and Hoseok's pants that are way too big for you.

He then pulled the blanket up your body and removed a stray thread from your bandage. He sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose.

"Good thing captain and Jimin with other men came right after you collapsed," Jungkook said.

Although he's not the affectionate type, he still wanted you to know. He saw you fought back at the forest so clearly you weren't some damsel in distress. He somehow felt concerned that men are after you. Not that he wants to protect you but he just wants to know why. Maybe then he can decide whether or not he will help you.

"Are you some kind of runaway bride?" Yoongi asked from the corner.

You eyed him and then Hosoek who's beside him who's just staring at you the whole time. Hoseok never spoke a word since you woke up.

"Eyes here damsel," Yoongi asked for your attention again.

"No," was all you could muster.

"Then what are you?"

"Your captive,"

Hoseok stood up. Realizing that this conversation is going nowhere.

"Everyone leave," he orders everyone including Yoongi who immediately stood up and starts walking to exit.
Jimin follows and Jungkook hesitated but leaves as well.

Now that they're alone, Hoseok pressumed his seat and crossed his leg. His eyes fixated on you. You just stare back as hard. Your stoic face angering the captain.

"What?" You ask him.

"I saw you fought back there, why didn't you fight me when I was about to kill you?" He asked you with a quiet tone.

"Were you really? About to kill me? For what reason?" You asked him. He was about to open his mouth but you cut him off. "Oh right, I'm here to be your server. Just a mere captive," you continued.

"When will you be honest?" Hoseok folds his arm over his chest. His tousled brown, curly hair moves with his head as he talks.

"Why would I be honest to you?" You fired back.

The captain releases a sigh and stands up. He figured this isn't the right time to speak to you while your tempers are high. So he stands up and looks down to you on his bed.

"Get some rest, I'll go get you food," he mutters and leaves before you could even answer him.

He steps out of his tent and releases another loud sigh. The night is still young but his men are already in their tents resting. He walks to the kitchen and catch Jin sharpening his knife.

"Any spare food there?" Hoseok asks him.

Jin hums in response but doesn't look up at him. He motions to the covered pot behind him. Hoseok walks to the pot that's still warm, grabbed a bowl and starts scooping food in it.

"I heard what happened," Jin finally pays him attention.

Hoseok places back the cover and settles the bowl beside it. He faces Jin and leans on the table.

"Want her to talk?" Jin asks.

Hoseok merely nods as he himself is frustrated and he's dying to know himself.

"Either you be patient or use force. I know you, you'd rather use force but remember, she's still a woman," Jin commented.

That's what sucks. If you were a man, he had already tortured you till you talk but because you're not, he just let you sleep in his tent, in his bed, in his clothes. Never would he imagine himself letting someone that close to him especially at his most vulnerable state, when he's asleep.

"I'll remember that," was only what the captain said and walks back to his tent. With the bowl in his hand and water on the other, he already readies himself to hear refusals from you but instead, you were alseep when Hoseok walks in.

Your lashes fanned over your cheek and your long hair spread on his pillow. He places down the food and water and walks to your sleeping figure. His eyes zeroes in on your lush lips and pointed nose. Your freckles and your scent.

It was enough to confuse him.

•••

Unedited