Seventeen

•Kalanie•

"You are having a girl." The doctor explained. Kalanie smiled as she looked at the screen.

"Is that what you wanted?" The doctor asked. "No , but I'm excited." Kalanie nodded her head. "Congrats." The doctor smiled.

••••••

Kalanies hairdresser finished the final touches on her hair. "Girl , I am so happy for you. Do you know what your having?" Tisha questioned.

"I'm having a girl." She smiled. "Aww, you thought of names yet?" Tish asked. "Nah , not really. I should probably start." She explained.

"I agree, but I'm all done." She smiled. Kalanie pulled out a 100 dollar bill and handed it to her. "Thank you." Kalanie smiled.

"Of course. You know I got you." Tisha smiled. Kalanie slowly stood up. She placed her wallet back in her purse before walking to the door.

She opened the door and heard loud talking. It wasn't unexpected since she was in the hood.

She placed a hand on her stomach as she walked out of the shop.

One thing about the hood was that they had the best hairstylist, Food , and beauty supply stores. Kalanie stayed on this side of town so much you would think that she lived there.

She walked to her car and hopped in the front. "Awee, you hungry mama?" Kalanie placed a hand on the spot that the baby began kicking at.

She had thought of a few names even though she had just found out the gender. She had already knew it was a girl from the beginning. She could just feel it. She wanted something that had a meaning behind it. She was leaning towards the name joy because her baby was the only thing that brought her joy now.

Kalanie was also a little nervous about delivery because of how big her stomach was and how small she was.

She pulled off and arrived at the soul food restaurant across the street within minutes.

She stepped out of the car and headed to the door. A white man opened the door for. He smiled. "Thank you." She spoke.

"Of course." He followed her inside. Kalanie headed to the line. Within 5 minutes it was her turn. "I'll take the catfish." She pointed through the glass.

The woman nodded as she placed two pieces of catfish on Kalanies plate. "And then for your sides?" She asked. "Mac and cheese and Fries." She explained.

The woman placed the sides on her plate before passing it to a man. He placed a piece of cornbread on her plate.

"And what would you like to drink?" He asked. "Water." She smiled before she began slowly rubbing her belly in a circular motion.

"Alright, that'll be 13.46" he explained. She pulled out he wallet and handed the man a 20 dollar bill. He took the money and grabbed her change.

"Her you go." He handed her the change and placed a receipt in her hand. She placed the money back in her wallet , and threw the receipt in her purse along with her wallet.

"Thank you." Kalanie grabbed the plate. "Of course." He nodded with a smile before handing her the bottle of water.

She walked over to a booth and sat down. She grabbed her phone and began scrolling on Instagram.

She took a bite of her food as she looked at her phone. She finally put her phone down and started to eat but then she paused.

Blax was sussposed to be meeting here there.

Just as she thought about it she heard his voice. "Hey pretty lady."

She looked up at the darkskinned man that stood there. She smiled as he pecked her lips.

He sat down across from her.

(Imagine him as meek mill)

"Finally." She smiled. "At least I came." He smiled showing his teeth. She smiled as she continued to eat.

Blax had ordered oxtails and the mash potatoes and Mac and cheese.

"Man you always do this." Blax chuckled as he watched kalanie grab a piece of meat off of his plate. She giggled as she placed it on to her plate.

When the two finished eating they headed outside.

Blax and kalanie had met at a mechanic shop. She came to get her car fixed , and she took a liking to blax. He was so genuine, gentle , and caring. Everytime she seen him she felt some type of way. He felt the same way about her. He asked her out , and they had been dating every since. They were honestly perfect for each other.

He walked her to her car and stood outside of the car talking with her. "Can you please come over." She asked as he held her waist.

"Yeah. I'll follow you." He kissed her cheek. "Ok." She kissed his lips.