Chapter 39: The Banquet

"The banquet of the house Velasquez must've started," Ian mumbled while staring at his carriage's window. He glanced at Yohan who was also looking at the stars up above. "I hope that uncle Evan is still there."

Ian took a deep sigh while massaging his temple. 

It's been days since the problem on the magical border of the mystical forest had a crack. The monsters residing in the mystical forest were using this opportunity to destroy the barrier, which might become a bigger problem in the future.

But that wasn't the biggest threat to the kingdom of Ibanez.

What King Ian feared the most is the person who was imprisoned inside the mystical forest. If that person escapes from that place, another war might break out and it will cause a huge disaster to his people.

That person was non-other than his father. The previous king who ruled with tyranny for decades. If Duke Evan did not choose to help him, that person must still be sitting on his throne while driving his kingdom into ruin.

In the original novel of 'You Shall Pay', The previous king was described as a greedy, lecherous, and perverted man. However, despite those characteristics, he was also intelligent and manipulative. 

His mana and his power are not something that you can belittle. It took them a great and invincible plan to drag him out of his position. Without Duke Evan's help,  they will never succeed, that's why he respected the Duke so much.

"Uncwle said that you're not allowed to cwall him uncwle anymore," Yohan reminded his father. 

Ian remained silent when his son pointed that out. 

Since when did his son and him started to talk with each other like this? It's been only days, but since the day that he sang the song 'Twinkle twinkle little stars' to Yohan, he started to visit him in his palace to ask about astronomy.

This change made his pregnant wife who is Queen Cheska happier.

Now, he was invited to the celebration of the Velasquez manor, because of the return of Marquis Mikhail's children. He wasn't planning to attend. 

However, Yohan came to his palace, telling him that the Duke of Chavez and his daughter would attend that banquet. Yohan told him that he wanted to see the 'Future father of his future wife' before the Duke departs to the border of the mystical forest.

Because of this, King Ian agreed to attend with his son to the banquet.

After all, he was also curious about the children of Marquis Mikhail.

Why did the Duke of the Chavez household who doesn't like attending banquets would go to a party with the Velaquez's? Ian wanted to know.

"Unclwe's bride's name is pwetty and long. I wonder what will be the name of Auntie's daughter?" Yohan mumbled while humming his favorite nursery rhyme. 

King Ian raised his brows when he heard Yohan.

Could it be that the woman who gave Yohan that cookies are one of the lost children of the Marquis?

"What's her name?" Ian asked his son.

"It's Gabriella Elizwabetha Liwz Vwelasquez," Yohan replied. He tried to prevent his tongue from stammering but he miserably failed. "

However, It doesn't matter because Ian understood Yohan's words.

"Gabriella Elizabetha Liz Velasquez..." He mumbled. 

A Velasquez...

With the name of 'Gabriella.'

The king rubbed his chin when he remembered the girl whom he proposed to when he was a kid.