40

Alcina is, in fact, not aware, that Cassandra listened to the conversation the adults had and so she makes her way upstairs to find her girls, finally meeting them in Belas chamber where they all lay or sit on the oldest daughters bed, chatting about something and they appeared quite exited, until they notice their mother just entered through the door.
A silence falls between the girls and they look at Alcina attentively.

,,Girls, I have good news", Alcina says with a faint smile and takes a seat on the edge of the mattress ,,We finished talking through our plan and we will be ready in about two days".
,,That's great!", Cassandra exclaims, as if that was new to her.
,,It is, indeed. But I will need your help as well", Alcina sighs because the thought of her girls getting into a potentially dangerous situations sets her uneasy, but she knows them well enough to be sure that they will be careful.
So as the girls sit up and stare at their mother, feeling exited that they will be involved, Alcina explains what their task would be.

,,Miranda surely keeps y/n in her celar where she works on her experiments. I'll need you three to go there and search not only for her, but also for another woman who got locked away by Miranda. Mia is her name".
,,Who's that?", Daniela asks curiously.
,,Winters wife. Chris thinks Miranda caught her as well".
,,Alright. So all we have to do is get both of them out there safely?", Bela asks and Alcina nods.
,,We won't be there to beat Miranda's ass?", Daniela pouts and her mother sends her a scolding look for her use of language.
,,No. I don't want any of you to get harmed".
Daniela just nods in silence and Alcina lets out a deep breath.
,,I simply want to get everyone back out of this in safety. We've already suffered enough".

The girls exchange a short glance at their mothers words and all of them just nod in agreement. The dark rings beneath Alcinas eyes and the lost of the sparkle in her eyes, as well as the lack of energy in her voice shows how drained the woman is, how tired she is and after she left the room again, they all agree to go and fetch some food for all of them in the woods.
A bit of blood from a deer is always better than no blood at all, no matter if it doesn't taste as decent and as soon as they return to the castle they fill the blood of the dead body into a few cups.

It is already late in the evening when the three of them knock at Alcinas door and the woman smiles softly at her daughters action, even though she isn't exactly pleased with them leaving the castle without saying a word.
They all settle down in Alcinas bed, enjoying their cup of blood and when it is time to go to sleep, the daughters remain at Alcinas side.
With Cassandra and Daniela cuddled up to her sides and a hand resting on Belas shoulder, Alcina slowly drifts into a calm sleep, comforted by the fact that her daughters are with her and will be with her, at all times.

,,There are so many people", Daniela exclaims stunned, as she lets her bright eyes run over the mass of men and women that stands in front of the castles gates in a few groups.
Chris' troups finally arrived and now they are respectfully staring up to Alcina who is towering above all of them, with Chris at her side who seems to be giving commands to his people.

Cassandra, Bela and Daniela are watching the whole scenery from one of the windows on the second floor and while Danielas hope that she will get her best friend back grows, Cassandra giggles lightly and says: ,,We will totally fetch mothers bloodbag away from Miranda".
For a moment, Bela and Daniela stare at their sister in confusion. Who or what is the bloodbag?
,,You mean, Dani's prietena?", Bela asks and Cassandra nods with a little snort.
,,She's not a bloodbag", Daniela huffs, causing the darkhaired girl to sigh.
,,I know, I am just joking", she says ,,Anyway, I don't think we'll see anything exciting going down there. We still have a little bit of the deer from yesterday left. Let's go get that".
,,Alright", Bela seperates herself from the window and Daniela hurries to follow her sisters along the hallway.

,,What is even going to happen when Miranda is gone?", Bela asks ,,Like, what are we going to do?".
,,We will finally be free", Daniela says quietly ,,Maybe we can move somewhere else, now, that the village is empty".
,,I always wanted to visit a place that is warmer", Cassandra nods and with that they all agree that they want to travel and leave the cold of the village behind them, and with that, some of the darkest chapters in their lifes.

,,We could ask mother", Bela says as they walk downstairs ,,I am not sure if she wants to leave the castle behind".
,,Who knows. I think, we all will need a break after this", Daniela raises her eyebrows and her sister simply nods in agreement as they pass the dining room where now the last discussions are held.
A bizzare feeling of enthusiasm fills Daniela up when she hears the mumbling voices of the lords and their allies inside the room and a smile grows on her face. They will totally destroy Miranda and once that happened, Daniela knows she isn't bond to the toxicity of that woman any longer.

A sharp pain jolts through your back and you squint your eyes, groaning as you adjust your position and stretch your body in hopes of relieving a bit of the ache, without succsess. The physical pain isn't even the worst thing, the fear of what Miranda might do to you and what she's planning makes you feel sick to your stomach, random busts of anxiety overcome you until your head feels like it spins and sometimes you have to hold your tears back when the thought of never seeing Alcina and the girls again crosses your mind.
It even goes as far until you feel it physically in every inch of your body and the constant worrying and fearing already drained all of your energy.

You sigh and rest your head on Mia's shoulder.
You've grown grown weirdly close to her after spending a, what feels like eternity with her and the woman gently pats your shoulder.
,,It really feels like we have been here for weeks", Mia says quietly and you nod.
,,I know", you say, your voice barely a whisper and sounding hoarse ,,They will be here. They will be here soon. I know they already made plans. They will be here for us".

You know you are not only trying to convince her, but also yourself. Sometimes you catch your thoughts slipping into the worst directions and start asking yourself if maybe Miranda already got to them, if they were still alive, or if they maybe gave up and won't even try to find you.

You bite your lip, shove those thoughts away and close your eyes. A yawn escapes your lips and Mia gently pats your leg now.
,,Why don't you try to sleep a little?", Mia says softly ,,You sound very tired".
,,It is a little uncomfortable here", you mumble ,,A bit too uncomfortable to sleep".

Though you'll have to admit that the warmth coming from Mia does only feed into your sleepiness and as you talk you feel like your words come out muffled.
,,You know, once they'll get us and once we are out of here", Mia says and gently lays an arm around your back, holding you and actually relieving you of some of the pain ,,We will be able to sleep on the softest beds with warm blankets again, with freshly washed clothes and maybe even the warmth of a fire place".

You have to smile at the memory that Mias words bring up, memories of the seemingly never-stopping burning of the fire place in Alcinas room and as the imagery of the castle in front of your closed eyes gets clearer, Mias voice seems to fade away and with that, you finally drift into a comforting sleep, filled with dreams of the gigantic bed in the womans room and the softness of the pillows beneath your head, her arms around you in a loving embrace and the faint sound of her breathing.

(A/N: prietena is romanian for 'friend', just in case anyones confused :D )