10. Confusion

Happy Diwali...

A month passed by, with their usual routine of shoot and office and chats and calls whenever possible. His shoot wrapped and post production work was supposed to be completed in other 15 days and the production house has already locked the release date.

Audio songs were released one by one and the response gave much confidence to the entire team. The next few days were high on updates about the movie like first look posters, teasers, glimpses and all.

While she enjoyed every bit of his updates, he was happy seeing her response to his movie.

The promotions are planned heavily with number of interviews of the cast and their appearances to popular TV reality shows.

He offered her premier tickets but she denied politely saying that she wants to watch his first movie as a fan like always and not with any luxuries. He could see her excitement in her Instagram stories and WhatsApp status.

Her excited Instagram stories about the songs, trailers, her booked tickets, everything increased his excitement as well.

Three days before the movie release, the producer called Manik to meet him.

"Nervous...??" The producer asked tapping Manik's shoulder while he took a deep breath and sighed nodding a yes.

"Relax Manik...Actually I have called you to tell you something important..." He said.

"Yes sir...Please..." Manik asked to go ahead.

"Manik...I have got another script for you...This time it's not debut director...He has 4 – 5 films experience...Would you like to go through the script...??" The producer asked but Manik remained silent.

He continued "Manik...I'm not doing any favour...I have seen your work and I would be really happy if you do this project under our banner..."

"No sir...It's not about that...I don't know what to say...Even before seeing my first movie's response, you are trusting me with another project..." Manik said clearly bowled with the trust the producer has kept on him.

"Ohh Manik...I know you will not fail me...But just go through the script...or I will ask the director to narrate you the story line...If you like it, we will go ahead once this first movie settles down..." Producer said.

"Sure sir...I will read the script..." He said and opened the file in front of him and his eyes bulged in surprise.

"What happened Manik...??" Producer asked.

"Umm...nothing sir...Can I take this home...?? I will let you know by tomorrow..." He asked and the producer agreed.

He came out taking the file and made his way home and read the script. He was confused and was unable to decide after reading the script.

"Dinner tonight...??" He texted Nandini and she replied "Work will be done by 7"

"Will pick you at 9" He replied and called the same restaurant for another private dinner as he doesn't want her to stress out cooking some extra dishes for him.

She came home and got ready to go. He called her when he reached her place and she hopped in the car. As always she was simple yet elegant.

He smiled seeing her but was lost in his thoughts till they reached the place. She got down and went inside like last time and the manager took her to the same place for dinner.

Manik joined her after few minutes and none spoke till he placed the order.

She waited for him to talk and he did.