chapter 58

after getting a call from izzy telling us that they was at magnus's.

all of all places.

when we walk threw the door straight away i see camille.

scratch that i see camille and magnus.

kissing.

i stare straight at them my heart breaking as they pull away.

 magnus slowly turns to look at us his face dropping when he sees who it is.

he looks at alec first seeing alec have nothing but a stone cold face.

he then looks at me and his eyes widen.

"is that blood?" he asks stepping forwards noticing the red all over my hands and my jeans.

"im out of here" i say turning around going to leave but alec grabs my arm pulling me back.

"come on" he mutters making me huff and shrug his hand off.

"Well, this is awkward."magnus speaks chuckiling looking between me and alec as we approach. izzy walking nxt to us and camille.

"Where's the book?"alec asks looking at magnus.

"It's complicated."magnus speaks chuckiling nervously looking at us.

"clearly." i says rolling my eyes crossing my arms looking away from him.

"I have it."camille speaks a large smile on her face as she looks up at alec and then at me.

"And she's graciously offered it in exchange for her freedom." magnus explains making me scoff.

"And her freedom requires a lip-lock?" i ask sarcastically walking over to magnus alchol cuboard.

i open it and grab the most expensive looking bottle.

"We don't negotiate with prisoners."alec speaks coming over taking the bottle from my hands putting it back making me huff.

"Prisoner? I beg to disagree."camille speaks shaking her head that stupid smile still on her face."You see, I'm your only chance at saving the world. You need me." she speaks smiling at me and alec as we walk back over towards them.

she looks alec up and down and smirks before turning to me.

"You certainly have a type, don't you, Magnus?" she says smiling at me sarcastically before glancing at magnus."He's cute. and shes just adorable" camille speaks smiling widely at me making me scoff shaking my head"Too bad it won't last." she sighs dramtically.

"Say that again... you won't last."izzy growls at her making me look at her apprecatively.

"I'd say he's about 20 years from male pattern baldness."camille speaks looking at alec"and her well....shes just a walking mess" camille speaks making me shake my head.

"we dont have time for this." i mutter to myself."wheres my sister?" i ask looking straight at magnus ignoring the conerned look hes sending me.

"the other room" he speaks making me galre at him before turning quckily and walk off here alecs footsteps behind me.

i walk into the other room straight away clary looking at me notcing the blood.

"gracie" she says standing up going to touch me making me shrug her away.

"dont talk to me." i mutter walking straight past her and simon who is sat on the bed.

clary looks at alec as he walks in the room a confused look on her face.

",magnus" alec speaks shaking his head dissmissing my rude actions as i walk over to magnus's wardrobe pulling out a pair of my other jeans.

"did you find hodge?" she asks looking at him desperately.

"Yeah, but Valentine has the Cup." alec replies running a hand down his face glacning at me by magnus wardrobe pulling off my shirt and pulling on another white one.

"What? We're too late."clary says looking at simon.Where's Jace? Is he okay?"clary rants making alec look at her. her voie desperte and urgent.

"He went after Valentine by himself. It's like he's totally lost it. I tried to stop him, but he wouldn't listen."alec speaks shaking his head.

i pull on another jacket from magnus wardrobe a deep red one.

"We need to find Jace. He's in a dark place. We don't know what he's gonna do."clary say trying to go walk out the rook but alec stops her.

"Luke is out looking for him. Jace wants us to stay on mission. That means we have to find the book."alec explains to her making her sigh and sit back down on the bed,

"He's right. We have to wake up your mom."simon says putting his hand on her shoulder.

"It's our only way to stop Valentine." she says sighing.

"Ready to sign?"camille asks smiling widely as she walks into the room holding a large piece of paper.

she holds it out to simon smiling at him.

i glare at her pulling my hair into a high pony tail pulling out the two front purple strands. 

i can feel alec watching me as i pull the bow and quviver onto my back and sigh looking towards them.

"Take us to the apartment, give us the book, then you can have your pardon."simon speaks standing up his face holding a glare too.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."camille replies smiling at him.

"Good."simon replys before looking at clary.

we took simons van to camilles apartment.

i low key forgot all abput the van. havent seen it since the night me and simon got kidnapped by camille and raphel.

we walk up to her building and all of us fit into the elevatore.

"darling we must speak about this" magnus mutters to me making me look forwards and ahek my head.

"nope" i reply as the elevtore dings.

we all fwalk out the elevtore following camille who i really dislike into a study room.

"You've got a lot of books."alec speaks looking around at the many walls lined with book shelves.

"I've got a lot of time on my hands."camille speaks looking around a smikr on her face.

"Welcome home, Madame Belcourt."a man says coming up to her bowing his head.

"This place creeps me out." i say looking around my hand on my bow.

"Yeah. Let's check the perimeter." alec mutters next to me making me nod.

"Good idea. If I know Camille, she'll have a trick or three up her sleeve."magnus says walking and standing next to me and alec making me huff.

"no way you can stay here" i reply pulling my bow off my back.

"since when you have a wepon?" magnus asks looking at me frowning as i pull an arrow threw the string.

"sine now" i  speaks walking off and unfortunely magnus and alec following.