chapter 59

we walk around the perimiter of the place checking for any dangers.

after a quick call from clary though me and izzy who joined me alec and magnus rush back into camilles libaray seeing her no where.

"hes here" i say standing in the doorway holding my bow.

she looks at me and nod grabbing a book from the desk.

her and simon follow me out threw room. we walk into another and a purple portal appears making me push simon behind me.

3 men step out threw the portal making me gasp.

"Clarissa." the man who i know is valentine speaks smiling at clary,

he then looks at me making me hold the bow up towards him an arrow ready.

"gracelynn please put that thing down i have no idea why you even have it" he speaks shaking his head making me slowly lower the bow a frown on my face."So good to see you again girls." he says smiling at us.

he looks around before sighing."girls Where's your brother?" he asks rolling his eyes looking towards m and clary.

"You think we'dd tell you?"clary scoffs as valentine walks closer towards us

" You won't have to." valentine says smirking at us

"Stay away from them!"siom screams jumping out going for valentine only to be knocked onto the floor.

" Simon! "izzy gasps pulling out her wip latching it onto valentines arm.

valentine glares at her and pulls his arm, twisting it sightly making izzy fall to the fall too.

the two men who also cam threw the portal with valentine grab ahold of simon and izzy holding them as i push clary behind me.

she holds onto the book tightly to her chest.

i pull my bow up going to relase an arrow glaring at valentine but jace appears making me look at him lowering the bow.

"Stop!"jace screams in the doorway of the room." This time you're not getting away." he growls stepping up to valentine.

" finally ready to kill your own father?"valentine asks as they circle each other.

"You abandoned me." jace speaks holding his sword up to him.

" I was protecting you."valentine tells jace making jae scoff." You weren't ready then, but you've grown. You've become the warrior I've trained you to be."he speaks a smirk going onto his face.

"You trained me well."jace tells him.

"And yet, I still have so much to teach you. I brought you here for a reason. Look, fight me, and watch your friends die."valentine tells him.

suddnely alec and magnus are pushes into the room two other men holding onto the,

"alec! magnus!" i shout looking at the both of them struggiling tears forming in my eyes. they grunt looking over at me they faces clear with worry.

"See, you are strong, but they make you weak."valentine growls at jace.

"Let us go. You can have the book."clary speaks stepping to stand next to me.

"We won't be able to stop you without it." i tell him shaking my head.

"Ah, Clarissa.,,graceylnn"valentine speaks clicking his tongue."you two are so much like your mother. Willing to do anything for those that you love." he speaks smirking at us making me glance at alec and magnus as he speaks."I'm touched, but... the book was never part of my plan." he says smaking both me and clary frown."I want you to wake up your mother. I know that you'll join me eventually. It's fated."valentine speaks before looking at jace.