Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Rebecca Pov)

"Freaks! Wake up!" Aunt petunia screeches, banging on the door of our cupboard under the stairs.

Our cupboard bedroom is a tight fit for both Harry and me, but we make it work. It's filled with dust, cobwebs and spiders, since we aren't allowed to clean it. The walls have childish scribbles etched on them, done by crayon stubs left over from our cousin Dudley, an awful, whale sized, spoiled bully. Dudley enjoys tormenting us, and invented the game 'Freak hunting' with his gang of his friends (bully's). This cupboard is filled with painful memories, of blood and tears. I hate it with a passion, as does Harry.

Today is our seventh birthday, me and Harry have decided to finally leave the abuse of the Dursley's. We have both had enough of the verbal, physical and emotional abuse we get from Petunia, Vernon, and Dudley Dursley. We will be running away from the punches, slaps, belt whippings, burns, and cruel words. The Dursley's don't care for us, and they definitely don't want us.
Harry and I can use that to our advantage, we can trick them into taking us to the Leaky cauldron in London and leaving us there. Well, that's if they are willing to let their little slaves go... me and Harry do excessive amounts of chores from cooking, to cleaning, gardening, and all the laundry.

"Hurry up freaks! You need to make us breakfast!" Aunt Petunia yells from the living room.

Harry and I quickly scramble into our too big hand-me-down clothes, getting ready to leave the cupboard. We can hear the thudding of Dudley coming down the stairs making dust fall on us. The footsteps aren't heavy enough to be our Uncle Vernon. As Harry and I are coming out of the cupboard Dudley races by shoving us back into the cupboard.

"Get a move on!" Aunt Petunia screeches again, honestly does that woman have any other volume.

"Coming." Harry and I grumble at the same time, quickly making our way to the kitchen to start breakfast.

Harry and I make the Dursleys their breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon  sausages, mushrooms, baked beans, and buttered toast as fast as we can. We have to be carful not to burn it as we know that if we do, it is us that will get burnt next.
I hear the sound of uncle Vernon coming down the stairs and speed up, not wanting to feel the brunt of his anger this early.

Vernon walks into the kitchen and straight to the table for his food and morning coffee. Harry and I quickly serve it and retreat back into the kitchen. My own stomach growls in hunger as neither I nor Harry got to eat yesterday, punishment for not finishing our chores fast enough. We probably won't be eating today either, starving us is quite usual for the Dursley's.

Harry and I patiently wait for the Dursley's to finish eating, before mustering up the courage to ask for what we wanted.

I hope this works Mor  I think.

It will master  Mor replies, his dark presence filling my mind.

Mor had left us to settle into life before contacting us mentally, due to the fact that contacting us too soon could drive us insane by breaking our minds. We now we keep regular contact with each other. We speak to him at least once a week, sometimes more if it was a particularly bad week.

Good  Harry's thought pops in through the connection.

Yes, and soon they will all pay for the abuse they have committed upon you my masters  Mor growls, anger coming off him in waves.

"Uncle Vernon. Aunt Petunia. Rebecca and I were thinking, and we think we know a way that you never have to see us again." Harry finally speaks up hesitantly, not wanting to risk uncle Vernon's anger.