𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 13: 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖔

I called Carlo

I called Carlo. I haven't seen him in a while. He had been busy with some business. The mafia takes up his time.

I've always been scared to be with him. His work frightens me. The idea every moment with him may be our last. I love him, I always will but sometimes I wonder if my love will be enough. I always wonder if my love for him will win it all. I think that one day he will need to choose and I don't know if he will choose me.

I do love him, but you never know.

He invited me over. He said to come now and that he will be on his way. I have keys to the house, I drive in the gate.

His house is amazing. I did grow up with a big house, so I am used to it. It is just so beautiful, the way it just looks like it is filled with memories makes me love it.

I parked in the driveway and left the car. I made sure to text him 10 minutes before I got there.

I noticed the lights were all on, he told me that I should be quiet because his sister would probably be sleeping, doesn't really look like it.

I entered the house and the first thing I hear is the screaming of Vincenzo. I saw a girl, she was very beautiful, she looked like her brothers. I knew it was Amara. She also had Alejandro next to her. I've meet him before, he is a sweet boy. He is the heir to the Spanish Mafia. We met when me and Carlo started getting serious, so about 3 years ago.

No one seemed to notice me.

"You are only 15 Amara, what the fuck are you thinking? Oh and you boy, don't get me started on you!" Vince screamed at the top of his lungs. I can put 2 and 2 together. They probably slept together. I don't see the big deal. The twins do it all the time. They tried getting with me multiple times, well untill Carlo threatened them.

I noticed how her face changed. She was livid but she knew that trying anything would get her in deeper shit. I don't blame her, he is very scary when he is mad, but he knows I don't put up with his bipolar ass.

"Vincenzo Tullio D'Angelo, what the hell do you think you are doing," I raised my voice at him, getting the attention of the room,"She is your sister, not your child. She only slept with someone, you and all your brother have done way worse. Also for age, I know for a fact you, all of you, have been fucking people since you were 15, probably even younger. Don't be a hypocrite and scold her on something not even your own father scolded on." I directed this at the boys. I didn't want Amara or Alejandro to think I was directing this at them. They did nothing.

"Madeline, it's always a pleasure." Vince gives me a good stare down.

"I love you too Vince." I say said sarcastically, blowing a kiss, then I go to Amara, I think I should introduce myself," Hey Amara, I'm Madeline."

"Hey, thanks for that." She had a sweet voice. It was rather soft. Very child like, I had a feeling that it wasn't always like that.

"Anytime," I gave her a smile. She deserves better than this shit. I feel bad, I can tell how this world isn't for her, it was forced to be made for her.

The mafia breaks us. It kills. It ruins. It destroys. It steals the innocence of those who have it. Children are trained to kill, to loss all emotions. Are told what is wrong is right and what is right is wrong.

We are all a perfect example of that.

"Just go to your room." Vince tells her. She nods and basically darts away,"Alejandro just go."

Carlo comes over to me and holds me in his arms. The warmth hits my skin. It's a great feeling.

"Hello beautiful, I missed you," he places a kiss on my lips. A smile forms on my face.

"I missed you," we parted, and turned to the boys and give them looks," What has happened? You all seem tense."

"The Spanish Mafia leader, Salvador Alvarez, he has some connection with Amara. One of his men, Garret, assaulted her. He is dead, don't worry Baby. We had confronted him at the dinner tonight and it went downhill. Him and Father went off. Let's just say a knife was thrown, more than once. They came to an agreement to only do business, and call it a day." As Carlo explained this to me, I grew confused. How were they connected. The gang her mother and Kayden were in was a powerful one, but in no way powerful enough to be close to a Mafia. It made no sense.

"Sounds complicated." I let out a sigh. They all seemed tired," Maybe we should all rest, you guys seem exhausted." They nod and rush to there room. Carlo picked me up bridal style. He took me up to the room. We were laughing the whole way. He tossed me on the bed and tucked me in. I was not thinking he would do that. I was hoping for other things.

"I am getting in the shower, I'll be back," he winked at me, I started blushing at his words. He made me happy.

He went into his shower leaving me on the bed. It smells like him. He is my comfort. My person, all I need is him. Everyone thinks he is heartless and cruel. A killer but that is what he is trained to be, but not who he is. I see the real him and it is the most important person I've ever met.

He is mine. I'll never let him go.

That is the end of Chapter 13 of Dépaysement. I hope you enjoyed.

Meet our new character!!

Madeline Harper Davies
Age:19

Madeline Harper Davies Age:19

With love Alivia ❤️