chapter 1

my mom is awake.

my mom is awake.

"mom!" me and clary shout at the same time.

just cause she is awake doesnt mean we can stop working.

alec and magnus and izzy have headed over to the institue lydia runs.

they're going to see if she can help because we've tried and we cant find him anywhere.

and me and clary well...were ctahing up with our mom.

"My sweet girls!" she says opening her arms letting me and clary hug her.

after she woke me and clary had to leave her shortly to speak about jace but were back with her now.

"I never thought we'd see you again." clary mutters into the hug.

"I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen. All I ever wanted to do was to protect you." she says squeezing us tightly before pulling away holding our hands.

"I know, but... we're not kids anymore."clary says shaking her head looking at mom. 

mom glances at me and i quickly shake my head.

nonverbally telling her ill explain later.

"You don't have to protect us." clary continues making mom shake her head.

"Yes, I do."she tells us making clary pull away.

"By telling us lies?"clary asks frowning.

"Clary..."mom sighs sadly.

"It's my life. I... I had a right to know." she stutters looking at our mother.

"I was scared." mom sighs looking away from her red haired duaghter.

"Because you married a psychopath..." i ask stepping back slowly looking at her.

"our father." i mutter looking at her.

"So, you know."mom shurgs crossing her arms,

"Mom, how could you?" clary asks shaking her head crossing her arms now.

"Oh, Clary. Your father, he wasn't always like this." she sighs again,

"we deserved to know who we really are"i say making mom grab our hands again.

"I know. And I promise from now on, no more lies." she says smiling sadly at us making me and clary look at each other.

"Okay. " she replies smiling sadly at mom.

me move and take a seat on a bench.

"I have something for you."clary speaks slowly shrugging off her bag that was on her shoulders.

she opens in and then pulls out a box with the initels j.c on them.

jace...

"Where did you get this?"mom asks slwoly watching as clary slowly passes it into her hands.

" Under the floorboards. When I was a little kid and I couldn't sleep, I... Used to watch you take it out and cry over it in your bedroom."clary explains slowly watching how mom touhes the box."I used to think it was about my father, but now... I know it's about my brother." she says making mom look up at us.

"Jonathan."mom gasps her eyes wide.

"His name is Jace.....He's alive."i say smiling at my mom but she doesnt smile back.

"That's impossible."she says shaking her head.

"You don't understand, I saw them burn."mom says looking between us with wide eyes.