015

february 4th, 2024
11:23 pm

THIS WAS DEFINITELY MORE Noelani's scene

Instead of a crowded club where she had had little to no space to properly breathe, Leilani had taken Noelani to a party located inside a one story mission style home deep in Inglewood.

The house was lit up purple from the LED strips on the ceiling and no matter where you traveled to inside the home, you couldn't escape the haze from all the smoke or the bass that shook the floor ever so lightly.

Noelani followed Leilani deeper into the house, trying to desperately ignore the whispers and the looks of recognition throughout the party.

"She looks mad familiar to me." A brown skinned girl with long ombre blonde box braids said in a horrible whisper as she nodded to her friend, a shorter Asian girl who was sipping out of a red solo cup, "Where have I seen her before?"

Nowhere, Noelani thought to herself in a slightly irritated fashion.

You don't know me and you've never seen me in real life before right now.

A camera zooming in on me sitting court side or a picture on my boyfriend's instagram doesn't mean you know me.

Noelani made brief eye contact with the brown skinned girl who immediately turned away and towards her friend next to her.

Leilani tugged lightly on Noelani's hand, "C'mon. Jamie told me that she was gonna be in the living room."

"Who's house is this?" Noelani replied, moving closer to her shorter cousin to ensure that she was heard over the blaring rap music.

Leilani paused in the hallway and gave Noelani a disgruntled look, "I don't know. Does it matter?"

Noelani looked around at the multiple pictures of a Latino family hanging on the taupe painted walls, "It might especially if they don't know someone's throwing a party in their house."

"Please don't act like we haven't done this before," Leilani groaned and then pulled at Noelani's hand, "Don't be boring Noel."

Noelani bristled a bit at the use of the boring but allowed herself to be dragged into a medium sized living room complete with a velvet green couch, "I'm not boring. Stop saying that before I go home."

Leilani ignored her last statement just as the two cousins crossed over the threshold, "Aye! What's up?"

Jamie, dressed similarly to the two cousins in a pair of ripped jeans and a bralette, was the first one to greet them, "Hey! I didn't think you were coming."