Chapter 11 - Escape [Unedited]

a/n: guys

i've done it

I have slept.

:)

ok enjoy

.

.

.

A loud crash broke your focus. You had found that meditating helped recharge you more than actual sleep. You opened your eyes, floating back down, the white aura around you fading away.

You went to the cryo reinforced door, peering the window. A group of Fatui ran down the hallway, barking things about someone breaking in. 

Looking around, you saw all the guards had gone to investigate. You backed up, and pressed a hand against the frigid door. You could feel the cold creeping in, but summoned your own power, and the door started glowing white. It eventually exploded, and you stepped over the rubble. 

You went right, since the Fatui had gone that way, which was probably the exit. You needed to find your sword however, and looked in a rooms as you quietly walked down the hall. 

You found the weapons room, and went inside. Floating inside a cage was your faintly pulsing sword... 

Which was cracked. 

Your eyes widened, and you went to the glass box. Placing a palm against the smooth glass, you channeled your energy, shattering it all. 

You held a hand out, the now damaged sword flying into your palm. You stared at the glowing crack, which ran through the entire blade. It was a miracle that a piece hadn't fallen off. 

You gripped it tighter and stormed out of the room. Your eyes glowed white, and each step had a burst of energy. 

You made it to the end, where a group of agents were blocking your view of someone making them fall back. 

A geo-crystal formed in the air, and fell down, knocking back all the agents, and making them retreat. A blond-haired boy with a determined look in his eyes rose from a crouch, eyes sweeping around before settling on yours. 

His blade disppeared and his eyes widened. His floating companion popped out. 

"Aether! There she is!"

Aether slowly stepped forward, coming towards you. He seemed hesitant, but you ran forward and wrapped your arms around him, a tear falling down your cheek. 

"Are you ok?" He mumbled. 

You nodded into his shoulder, and he wrapped his arms around you. Paimon also jumped into the hug, and you all chuckled a bit. 

~~~

As you both walked down the dirt path, away from the Fatui Prison, Aether filled you up on what had been going on. Before leaving for Liyue, Venti had told him about a pulse of energy he had felt around there. There was also a voice that had told him about your whereabouts, and Venti told him the area where you were probably being kept. 

"So, what did you do without me?" You said, staring up at the sky. 

"Um.. we purified Stormterror.."

You nodded, a small smile on your face.

"Not surprised or anything?" He asked, and you shrugged. 

"I had a feeling that you would be able to." You lied, and he just nodded. 

"Also.. how long was I missing?" You asked, and he looked away. 

"10 days." 

You nodded slowly, and you lapsed into silence. 

You continued walking to Liyue Harbor. When you got closer, Aether told you that we were heading to the Rite of Descension to see the Geo Archon. You got a nervous feeling in your stomach, worried - since now you were an archon - of what would happen. 

~~~

As you guys arrived, that bad feeling got worse. You stared at the sky, wondering what's going to happen. You and Aether walked up the stairs, joining the crowd. 

Ningguang stepped forward, looking at the sky. She turned back to the crowd. 

"The hour is upon us." 

.

.

.

yeah that's a pretty decent chapter that i whipped out

also

would you guys like a backstory?

I know that i didn't really include that much info about y/n's background, so i was considering it

thx for being amazing readers <3