18❀

TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

We just landed on our flight back home, with many tears from Echo and Aisha.

Aisha made sure that we knew to call her if we needed anything, or if Zameer needed to be talked some sense into.

Echo giggled at that part.

All of us were tired, including Zameer, so I decided to drive us all back to my apartment.

It was 7 in the morning.

Echo was sleeping in the backseat holding her stuffie, while Zameer was asleep in the passenger seat.

While I was driving, my phone began to ring, so I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Is this Phoebe Balewa, Echo Balewa's mother?"

I immediately recognized the voice of the nice lady who worked at Echo's doctor's office.

"Hi, this is she."

"I just wanted to confirm the follow-up appointment that's set for the 27th of November?"

I completely forgot. That's in 5 days.

"Uhm, yes, we'll be there."

"Perfect! We didn't even realize you had a new number until we actually checked!" She lightly laughed.

After I got a new number, I immediately registered it into the system, yet they were so used to calling my old one.

Let's just say Echo can be a bit dramatic at times, resulting in us going to the doctors often.

"Yeah, I got a new number a few weeks ago." I fake giggled, I really wasn't in the mood for a side conversation.

"I figured." She says kindly," Well, that was all I needed. I hope you have a good day!"

"You too," I replied, and hung up.

Finally.

Then, my phone rang again.

    For the love of God-

❀❀❀

"Baby."

I wake up to feather-like touches being scattered around my face.

I peel my eyes open and see Zameer cheesing at me.

"G'morning, love." He says before pecking my neck.

I wrap my arms around his neck before mumbling a little, 'morning'.

"You're friend is here banging on the door. I think her name is Shie" He explains, still smiling softly at me.

"You mean Shay?"