CH. 16

late night update, type shit! 💕 take y'all ass to bed after this.

Three days had passed, and Siraj was still unable to get in touch with Soleil. After the first two days of texting and calling her back to back, she end up blocking him to stop him from contacting her.

Siraj was a little hurt, that was she wasn't trying to hear him out at all but then again, he understood. She voiced her concerns about Ximena from the get go, letting him know that she only had once to try her, however he didn't know that meant cutting all communication with him in the process.

Since their argument, Ximena and Siraj hadn't spoken a word to each other. He was angry with her of course, but he couldn't blame anyone but himself for how long he let the situation go on for.

Though, he had told Ximena many times that she needed to fall back and respect his relationships, he was never firm on his word. He let her get away with a lot for the past couple of years, and it was now taking for his best friend's sister to make him realize, he needed to put Ximena in her place.

It was currently Halloween, which meant it was also Blue's birthday. Raj knew that Lei would be showing up to the Halloween party to show face, and he hoped that he would be able to talk to her. But then again, Lei was very good at avoiding him.

Raj pulled into Lei's driveway, he wanted to stop by before he went back to work. His son was currently with Tasha and he wanted to take his free time in between to attempt to talk to Soleil. He hadn't been by her place since the whole ordeal, knowing that she would probably avoid being home so she didn't have to face him.

He got out of the car and locked the doors, approaching the front door. He knocked and waited, deeply sighing to himself as he tucked his hands into the pocket of his hoodie.

He heard as the locks were being fiddled with on the other side, before the door swung open half way. Keia stood in between the crack, leaning on the doorframe.

"Soleil here?" he asked her, Keia shook her head, remaining quiet. He blew out a breath of frustration, slightly throwing his head back. "Keia, I know you only lookin' out for her, but I really need to talk to her man."

"I'm being honest, she's not here. You can come in and check for yourself but even if she was, as her best friend, I have to respect her wishes, Siraj. So please, don't take this to heart." Keia shrugged, Siraj sighing once again.

He nodded and turned around without uttering another word, as Keia shut the door, locking it back. Siraj got back into his car, starting up the engine. He grabbed his phone and went to his thread with Soleil, only to remember halfway through his text that she had him blocked.

He slightly groaned, tossing his phone into the passenger seat, before pulling out of the driveway and onto the street.

Soleil watched from the window of Ms. Jean's house, as Raj's car drove by. She looked away, clearing her throat. Isidro walked into the living room, carrying a pack of chips ahoy cookies.

He plopped down next to her, before opening the package. "So I have a date this weekend," he finally said, as they both took out a cookie.

Lei jerked her head back a little, before a smile crept onto her face. "Really?" she raised an eyebrow, taking a bite out of the cookie.

"Yup," he said.

"That's nice, how'd you guys meet?" she shifted on the couch, tucking her hands into her lap after she popped the rest of the cookie into her mouth.

"She works downstairs in the lobby, we use to kind of flirt here and there, but I wasn't sure if she was on that type of time." he explained, reaching for another cookie.