Chapter 16

"Are you out of your mind, boy?" asked Dean with a deep frown on his face. "Alliance with the Kings?"

Alex and Simon had stood in Mark, Alex's father's study. Mark had sat behind his desk. His gray hair had been slicked back neatly and his intense dark gray eyes were fixed on his son. Dean had sat on a sofa in front of the desk, with a lit cigarette in his hand. His face was shocked by Alex's offer.

"The Russians will attack us again if we don't accept to go under their order." reasoned Alex with folded arms. "We won't go under their order for sure, so we need a strong group to protect us and the Kings are the best option. They will need help as well and we, as the biggest gang in the city who has so many others under control, will be the best option for them as well. Together, we can easily defeat Russians. Besides, alliance with King mafia will have more profit than having a feud with them." 

The room fell in silence as everyone was waiting for Mark to talk. Alex stared at his father. "Harrison would want the same." he said firmly.

No one but Alex himself noticed that Mark's body become tense by hearing the name. His eyes never left his son's identical ones. "Leave me and my son alone." his deep voice filled the room and Simon and Dean left the room without a word.

"Tell me, Alex," began Mark once they were alone. "What is your true intention of offering a peace treaty with Kings?"

"I told you, It's because ...." Alex was cut off with Mark's raised hand.

"Don't bullshit me, son." said Mark. His voice was calm and collected. "I know you better than anyone. You are more hot-headed than to even think about such a thing because of a fear of Russian's attack. Tell me what's going on in your mind." he said and then leaned forward and laced his fingers on the desk in front of him and his sharp eyes searched Alex's emotionless ones. "Tell me what you have seen in King's property that had intrigued you this much to make you think about a peace treaty."

Alex stared at his father. Sometimes he wondered how his father read minds that easily. There was no point in lying to him. He would get the truth through him or the other ways. He wetted his dried lips and looked away. His fists clenched and unclenched.

"Alison!" he said and Mark smirked and leaned back. So it was a girl that had made his son different in the past few days. He was more to himself and daydreaming every time possible. He had become frustrated more as well like he was searching for an answer but couldn't find one.

"And who is this Alison might be?" asked Mark, deciding to go easy on him. It was not a wise move to pressure a teenager in love, especially his son who was feeling this way for the first time in his life. Alex had women and girls most of the nights much to his mother's displeasure, but they were all flings of the night, nothing more. He would forget most of their names the next morning when he was throwing them out like trash. This girl, Alison, must have been a special one to bring his son to his knees. Alex's mother, Juliet, would be delighted to hear the news for sure.

"Albert King's stepdaughter," answered Alex. "He has remarried last week and his wife has a daughter who attends our school."

"What is so special about her to make the womanizer Alexander West fall for her?" asked Mark.

"I don't know." sighed Alex and ran a hand through his hair and plumped himself on the sofa. "I don't know what is special in her. She might look so ordinary in your eyes. But she was the first one to walk past me like I'm dirt and then avoided me like a plague." he said and Chuckled under his breath. Mark smiled faintly as well. It was so good to see his son like this for once, desperate for a girl he had come to like and hopeful for something good. Alex was always grim and angry. It was hard to see him chuckle or see a face of a normal teenager under his mature and hard facade.