Chapter 56

"This isn't going to end well" Pietro claimed with a low shake of his head.

"I hope you're wrong" you tell him, eyes glued on your sister.

"Mom!" The boys call up to her as Vision holds them close when she stops blasting back at Agatha. You looked up in horror and fear, Pietro holding your hand to comfort the loss of Wanda again, even if you would all be dead.

"What's happening?" You asked in confusion when Agatha didn't blast back at your sister who was drained of all power.

"I don't know" Vision answered, watching just like you were. The walls around the small town glowed with a red pattern on each other them. A blast over energy moved into your sister, you wincing at the bright light before watching her take back her powers and become the Scarlett Witch.

"That's our sister!" Pietro cheered proudly from beside you, Agatha being lowered to the ground by Wanda.

"Good girl. So, what now? You just gonna lock me up somewhere?" Agatha asked in defeat, looking up to the Scarlett Witch.

"No. Not 'somewhere.' Here." Wanda told her simply with a calmness to her tone.

"Here?" Agatha asked back in confusion.

"Mmm-hmm. I'll give you the role you chose. The nosy neighbor." Wanda nodded while walking towards her.

"No. Please..." Agatha begged.

"I'm sorry." Wanda whispered.

"No, you're not. You're cruel. You... You have... You have no idea what you've unleashed. You're gonna need me." Agatha claimed, trying to get into your sisters head.

"If I do, I know where to find you."

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Wait..." Agatha started before being transformed into a normal outfit. "Hiya, hon. Say, that's some kinda getup you're wearing. Did I leave the oven on, or is that just you, hot stuff?" She laughed.

"That's a little unsettling" Pietro whispered to you.

"You live here now. No one will ever bother you." Wanda told her.

"Okey dokey, artichokee."

"I'll be seeing you, Agnes."

"Not if I see you first, hon." She laughed again as Wanda turned to her family who was waiting for her.

"Mom!" Both boys rushed towards her as she knelt down to hug them both.

"Come here..." she smiled.

"Are you okay?" Tommy asked her with worry, having witnessed the entire event with you. She nodded to him in reply before facing the rest of you.

"So, it would appear that our dream home has been reduced to a fixer-upper. I know you'll set everything right. Just not for us." Vision looked to her.

"No. Not for us." She smiled sadly.

"Hmm. It's time. Should we head home?" He nodded you in the direction of your home filled with crazy memories.

"Yeah." Wanda agreed before facing Natasha with a nod of gratitude. You walked back in silence taking in your last few moments together as the walls closed in and the spell was removed from the town. The boys walked ahead and Vision looked to his wife with admiration. You all entered your house for the last time Wanda and Vision hand in hand as they transformed into normal clothes once again. 

~~~

"Snug as a bug." Wanda sighed, tucking Billy into bed and sitting with him as Vision sat with Tommy and you stood with Pietro in the doorway.

"Big day today. Your mother and I... are very proud of you both." Vision told them, looking into their eyes to make sure they understood the truth of his words.

"Very proud. You know... a family is forever. We could never truly leave each other, even if we tried. You know that, right?" She looked to you and your brother before her kids. They each gave their kids a kiss on the head before walking towards the door where you nodded to meet her in the kitchen for your own goodbye.

"Y/n? Pietro?" Wanda entered the kitchen alone.

"Hey Wand" you used your old nickname for her, giving her a small, but sad smile. "I know, you'll do what's right" you told her truthfully with pride in the woman she had become.

"I love you both" she pulled you all in for a triplet hug.

"You'll be okay?" Pietro asked, pulling back to see her reaction.

"Yeah, I'll be okay" she nodded.

"Good" you gave her hand a gentle squeeze before letting her say goodbye to her husband.

The world closed around you, everything breaking apart until nothing was left but Wanda in an empty lot where her house should be. Wanda stepped back, looking at what was left of her home before pulling her hood up and walking towards the town square to find her remaining friends.

"They'll never know what you sacrificed for them." Wanda told her as she pulled the girl into a hug upon seeing her again. Everyone around them from the town glared at Wanda, but she felt safe with her other family, the Avengers.

"It wouldn't change how they see me. And you, you don't... You don't hate me?" Wanda claimed, asking a question next directed to Natasha. Natasha shook her head in response until Clint rushed over to hug Wanda after seeing all she had been through.

"Hey kid, I know it's been a lot." Clint told her, rubbing her back gently, remembering when they were fighting Ultron and how he comforted you and your sister to fight back after being so scared.

"I'm sorry. For all the pain I caused." Wanda looked around to see shield cleaning up the mess.

"I know." Natasha nodded along.

"I don't understand this power. But I will." Wanda started to turn away. "Goodbye, Clint, Natasha"

"Bye, Wanda. Good luck." Natasha called after her. Wanda pushed off the ground, using her powers to transform into her new suit and fly off to find her family another way.

———————————————————
Question of the day: what do you think of Wanda becoming the scarlet witch?

That is the end of this story. Please let me know what you thought about it and if there is anything I can improve in the story when I go back to edit it again later. I haven't decided weather I will write more based on the future movies Wanda is in or not yet.