Chapter 17

*****Dom's Pov*****

Ever since I found out Mia left, I've been trying to find her for the past 3months, just to know she's ok, I can't believe I made the one person who made me the happiest even for a short period of time, I made her hate me in an instant.

I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for allowing her to think so ill of me, for making her cry, breaking her heart. I'm a fool and I probably deserve the misery I'm in.

I can't say I've been the healthiest or best version of myself. I'm broken, if not empty inside. I spend most of my days obsessing where she is, or how I got into the position where I pushed her to far away.

It's as if the only light in the darkness had been taken away, so I have no reason to be a good man anymore. No one deserves that part of me.

Deep down I know I long to feel that glimmer of joy, those butterflies she gave me every time she looked at me.

Even though Ariel and my dad are against me being with her I still have to find her,
It feels like a dream, that she never existed, how did someone vanish completely without a trace.

I've stayed in touch with Harry. He's really cool and reached out, I'm sure he feels like he owes me but it was my pleasure, we've had lunch once a month for the past 3 months and it's become a tradition. In some ways I feel closer to her when I spend time with one of her favourite people. Harry says they don't know much and that she'd probably tell them sooner or later.I can't say I haven't had an ulterior motive in spending time with him as well. Which sounds bad but can you blame me. If he's the only lead I have.

Usually I'd get Logan to help me with personal matters but I felt as if though I couldn't trust him, at least not a hundred percent, not only did he like Mia but he knew her family and her really well I don't see him helping me especially with his mom specifically warning me. So instead I found Kat Milano, our hacker. Who's been trying to trace Mia's name on data base and social security number, to see if she popped up anywhere, spending on her credit card or renting somewhere that'll need those details, just any trace of her being somewhere.

Kat, her husband Vito and I grew up together, same high school to be exact, which makes me near and dear to her heart. She's willing to help me because she wants me to have real love like she has with Vito and not a forced marriage. Especially in our line of business.

So far I've met Kayleigh and her father Michael who we call Mickey "The Snake" Spillane because he won't step down and he'd do anything to make sure he comes out the winner, even if it means he folds on his own people to do so. He can't be trusted by the Irish or us and he has a snake in our family as well. Which we have been trying to weed out.

Kayleigh isn't my type, though if I'm honest no one would be. I only agreed to marry her for my fathers ridiculous method of stopping a war. Whose to say if Mickey would even keep his word considering his reputation. I've been boycotting any talk of weddings, I agreed only once I was sworn in as The Don would wedding plans even be a thought.
I suppose I'd just fuck her to make Mia jealous and maybe she'll hear about it and come running back to murder me or my bride either way it'll be a win win situation.

A guy can dream can't he?
Is it strange that with all the war and ptsd I haven't felt as close to depression as I do that she's no where to be found? That I find living life as a chore and I wish Ariel would keep her promise and blow my brains out.

Mia has no idea that the day she walked out she took everything I am, with her and ever since that day I've been trying to catch the high she once gave me but nothing amounts to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***** 6 Months Later *****

It's been 6months later, 9 in total, I haven't once given up. We haven't found the mole in our family yet because father is using a soft approach.