How The Story Started

She stood there, staring at the body that had been devoured by the flames with cold jewel eyes.

This is the third time this month. The assassins sent by the enemies of the Imperial family grew stronger, seeing as the injuries she received this time were more severe than before. In the future, she might not survive with just her current strength.

"I have to find a way to cover up these damn eyes," she muttered, as she walked away.

Three months had passed since her mother's death. And since then, nothing can hide these blue jewel eyes from the world anymore. The amulet that her mother had made as a last resort vanished as the last assassin cut it off. Fortunately, her neck had not been cut off, too.

"Bella? Are you hurt again?" Was the sentence that greeted her as soon as she entered a pub.

It was past midnight, and this pub on the outskirts of this small town had been closed a few hours ago. All the tables had been cleared, except for one table which was occupied by a 16 year old brown haired boy with sea green eyes.

"Sorry to bother you, Leo. But I need your ability." Bella said, plopping down on the chair in front of Leo.

Leo clicked his tongue, but with a worried expression on his face. He went to the back for a while, before returning with a towel and a basin filled with water.

"Show me your wound." Bella obeyed the boy's words without saying much and showed the slash wound on her right shoulder.

"It's worse than before," Leo declared. "Even with my abilities, this is will definitely leave a scar."

"I don't care about stuff like that," Bella said flatly.

"You have to. It's not sexism or anything, but you're a girl." Leo started to clean her wound. "An eleven-year-old girl. You should enjoy life playing with children your age."

"Too bad my situation isn't for that kind of environment, right?"

At that question, Leo just fell silent. He placed a towel covered in blood in the basin filled with reddened water. His hands began to be enveloped in white light, and he placed it at the wide wound on Bella's shoulder.

Leo is someone who is born with divine power, but not strong enough to become a priest in a temple. His divine power can't heal internal ailments, but it's still enough to heal minor physical injuries.

Pretty handy, and Bella doesn't regret getting a broken bone to save him from the thugs three years ago. Because now not only did she got a personal healer, but she also got a friend.

"I still don't understand why you didn't try to contact the palace and instead troubling yourself into hiding like this," Leo complained. "Rumor said that the Emperor loves the Princess very much, you know. He'll probably have no problem getting another daughter."

"And rumors said that the Princess is a sweet, cute, charming and lovely child. Do I have that four categories in me?"

Leo snorted. "You're right. You are a barbarian girl and I don't see those four categories in you at all."

Bella immediately elbowed Leo, which the boy couldn't avoid as he was still in the process of healing. Bella chuckled at his grunt.