41.

Naala ain't so perfect no more huh? 🤣
Omniscient

Dave laid beside Naala, his heart breaking as he listened to her cry herself to sleep.

On top of the death of her sister, today marks 2 years since they lost their baby.

"I want my baby back," Naala cried into his chest. "That was our baby,"

"Love you're gonna make yourself sick," Dave cleared his throat. "Think about this baby," He put his hand on her stomach.

"So I can't think of what we've lost?" Naala said pushing him away from her. "You never understand me," She started to cry again.

"I can't fucking do this," Dave cursed getting out of the bed. It was like Naala's energy drained all the life out of him.

He got that she was grieving but it seemed like she liked being upset, she never saw the brighter side.

"Get out then!" Naala screamed behind him.

"I can't deal with this crazy ass shit no more," Dave mumbled to himself getting dressed.

"I go through everything else on my own anyway. Leave me like you did last time," Naala carried on hurling abuse at him.

"Naala don't make me turn around," Dave warned her.

"What are you gonna do? Hit me?" She taunted. "I've been waiting for it,"

"Man," Dave sucked his teeth and walked into their connecting bathroom.

The baby monitor lit up and Samar's cries filled their room.

"Such a waste of space. For better or for worse my ass," Naala sniffed making the bed. Dave ignored her and went into the closet.

He heard the room door slam but continued to pick out his clothes for the day.

When he came back out, Naala was feeding Samar on the bed. Her eyes were closed and she was laying on the bed.

"I can hear you," Naala mumbled when Dave tried to sneak out of the room, her eyes still closed.

"I'm leaving," Dave announced, he has errands to run.

"Hassan's at the door can you let him up?" Naala spoke softly.

"I'll let him in," Dave nodded taking his phone off the dresser. Naala reached out for him and tugged his arm.

"I'm sorry," She said quietly kissing him. "I'm going through a lot of emotions right now, not saying that it's right to take it out on you,"

Dave leaned over the bed and kissed her twice, "I get it," He answered.

"Do you still love me?" Naala asked looking at him.

"I'm never gonna stop loving you," Dave responded lifting her chin up to peck her lips again.

"I love you too," Naala smiled small, wiping his face.

Dave stood up and left the room ready to let Hassan in. He was holding Samar's car seat and baby bag.

"What's up?" Dave dapped him up letting him in.

"She's not ready?" Hassan sighed setting the stuff down. "This is getting old,"

"She's grieving, give her a chance," Dave jumped to his wife defence.

"I'm so close to just taking both my sons and leaving New York," Hassan grumbled sitting down.

"For real? Where's that coming from?" Dave questioned with a mug.

"They don't need to be around all the shit y'all got going on." Hassan responded. "I want a better life for them and she can't do that,"