Chapter 6

"Achoo" Was the first sound I made when I woke up on Wednesday, five days after I went to Zayde's.

I touched my head, flinching at the heat I'm radiating. My nose felt stuffy, my head ached and I felt like I was half dead.

Groaning, I tried to get out of bed, but instead, I fell right back. I moaned in pain, clutching my forehead. Cursing my pitiful attempt to get up, I glanced at the clock.

7:30.

If I don't get out now, I won't make school on time, I still have to walk one billion miles to school anyway. Wait, how am I even going to get up, I can't even stretch, I can barely breathe.

"Mum.......mum please....." I croaked out, my throat swelling with each word. "Mama......mum...ma..." I try again, my voice coming out in a hoarse whisper. I came to the realisation (slower than usual), that this is a lost cause.

Eff my sick brain.

I glanced at my phone lying on my nightstand.

If I could just reach......

I stretched my hand, my whole body cracking in complaint as I do. My fingertips brushed the edge of my phone, pulling it closer before......it falls.

Eff my life.

I don't even have time to worry about my possibly cracked phone screen, because I was too busy dying.

I can see it now, Sklar Jones: Cause of death, Karma.

Well might as well say my last wishes.

Goodbye world, I will miss you! I never even got to have a baby boy. I never even got married! Why so soon? Why must it be my time? Why must the grim reaper snatch my premature soul? How have I wronged you O shadow of death? Is it about that car I keyed? It was Robbie Jameson's car, he is a total jerk, that should be justified. Or was it that store I robbed? It was a setup, I'm not a thief! Or maybe it's about the bab-

"Skylar sweetie, what are you still.....Oh my God! Are you okay?"

Hmm, mum, I don't know, dying is a pretty normal thing in it, you know, a regular everyday occurrence, nothing special.

"Oh sorry honey, the answer is obvious. Stay here, I'll fetch help."

Five hours, a power nap and a bowl of soup later, I managed to sit up on my bed, yes success, I probably looked like shit now. Mum helped me retrieve my phone, before she left, and my phone is okay by the way, and I opened it.

The first thing I saw was like 300 texts from Jade. Ok not that many really. I went through the texts and sighed as I texted her back, letting her know what's up. She immediately told me that she was coming over. I smiled at that feeling dizzy again so I dropped my phone dozing off.

I woke up to the sound of a car pulling into the driveway, Jade's probably. Moving is a lot easier but I still found it incredibly difficult to go anywhere out of my bed.

The door opens and I hear voices. I recognised Jade's instantly then I realised the other voice belongs to Oliver.

Oliver was a friend of Jade's who played for the soccer team.

With his dark curly hair, glowing chocolate skin, tall, muscular stature and dazzling smile, he was definitely a looker. He'd become a part of our little circle because of this, he's not my best friend after Jade, he's next, it makes me wonder where Zayde fits in that table.

My door creaked open revealing a happy looking Jade, a smirking Oliver and Zayde? I had to blink a few times to make sure I was not hallucinating. Speak of the Devil. He gave me a worried, nervous smile. We hadn't seen much since Friday.