III. The box

Natasha got out of the trailer and Elle stayed inside as ordered. It was completely dark and the chill of the Norwegian night passed through the woman's hoddie.

She turned on the flashlight and walked over to the generator. She has made several attempts to include it, but to no avail. "Damn it." Natasha whispered to herself slightly nervous.

She lifted fuel canisters to check if any of them were full

She lifted fuel canisters to check if any of them were full. Only one. She threw it into the car and jumped back to trailer to get her daughter.

"El, I'm so sorry, but we have to-" Natasha paused and went silent as soon as she noticed Gabrielle sleeping peacefully on the couch.

Woman smiled at this lovely sight and quickly took a picture of her to capture that carefree moment.

"Alright, come here big girl." Natasha smiled as she bent down to pick up Elle. The girl tied her arms around her mother's neck to get herself comfortable and snuggled into shoulder.

Natasha left the trailer with child in her arms, she put her carefully into the car and covered with a warm blanket. "You're even cuter when you're asleep." Woman smirked and went back to the trailer to grab a few things.

After a moment she packed everything that might be useful into the car and drove away with the sleeping girl in the back seat.

***

When Natasha was about to drove out of the bend onto the bridge - the bomb missile unexpectedly had hit the car, which ended up on the bridge's railing. Barely not in the river.

Stunned by the loud bang, Natasha tried to regain consciousness

Stunned by the loud bang, Natasha tried to regain consciousness. Someone started approaching the car.

She noticed that person in the mirror. It had some kind of robot suit. She panicked and immediately unhooked the seat belt, making the car dangerously move, almost falling into the river.