"The storm that hit"

Parker Villa

This day holds a lot of memories, especially dark ones, for the Parkers. The Parker villa, was shining under the dark early moonlight showcasing it's magnificent beauty. But even beneath all the light, a heavy dark storm was coming in their lives which was going to change them all.

The squealing of a small boy and girl running around in the house, was making Mr. And Mrs. Parker laugh as they watched both of their children playing. The eve of their son's birthday was the reason for their over-happiness but on top of that another good news was the cause of the parents knowing smile. Mrs. Parker looked down at her now growing womb and smiled. Mr. Parker also smiled at her knowingly.

"Wait for it honey." He said.

They both looked at each other and conveyed each other's excitement and happiness.

"Mom! When are you getting my birthday presents? You haven't done the shopping yet, why? Don't you remember that tomorrow is my birthday?" The small boy came to Mrs. Parker and asked innocently.

"Hey! It's my birthday too. I will also get the presents. And I will get one extra present because I am one minute older than you." Jennifer said trying to look superior than her brother Ace.

"Of course I remember Ace. And yes Jennifer, we know it's your birthday too. Me and your dad are going for the shopping only right now. And as we had discussed Ace would stay with Jennifer and you would let her take care of your sick self okay Ace?" She said with strictness at last. She didn't want her son to be ill on his birthday too, she wanted him to take as much rest as he can.

Ace nodded at his mother and then went again to continue playing with his sister Jennifer.

Mall parking lot

Mrs. and Mr. Parker were getting into their car after loads of shopping. They had brought all types of clothes, toys and gifts for their son and daughter. They wanted to see them happy. They were becoming 13 years old aka official teenagers and thus they wanted to throw an extravagant party.

"Will Jennifer like the gift we got for her? And will Ace like the video game we got for him?" Lydia asked her husband, Andrew.

Andrew smiled at her and said "Of course they will like it sweetheart."

"Okay let's get home quickly. Your brother might get tired of our children's troubles if we leave them alone for more time." Lydia said chuckling.

"Oh yeah. But at least the kids are not alone at home. John is there for his nephew and niece." Andrew responded and Lydia nodded.

They talked about the plans for the next day party as they drove towards their home, not knowing what the roads had in store for them.

Parker Villa

Ace muffled his mouth as he hid beside the door of his father's study room. The room was filled with all sorts of files and books and papers which he was not supposed to touch, as he was directed by his father.

Else where Jennifer was trying to look for Ace in the big house. She knew that her parents had told her to take care of Ace but he was too stubborn to listen. So they both made a deal that whoever wins in hide-and-seek, will be the one to decide what they will do while their parents were gone. But the small game was becoming fun as they began to remember how they played this games in their childhood also. So they started enjoying it as time flew by.

Back in the study room, Ace was about to get up and leave the room to see where Jennifer was but before he could do that a series of muffled talking caught his attention. He stayed at his hiding place as he leaned towards the voices coming.