CHAPTER 1

You were walking. In fact, you had been doing so for the past day at least. Your goal was to get somewhere safe.

The sun was about to set on the horizon and you had to start thinking about where to settle for the night.

I'm hungry, you taught, dragging your f/c [favourite colour] oversized hoodie lower to make sure it covered your wings almost entirely. Should've taken some money from the league's box before escaping.

You sighed, looking around for a semi-safe place to curl up in. What caught your eye was a building on top of a mountain. It had a wall and a forest surrounding it.

Should be safe enough. I could hide myself between the wall and the forest, you thought and started walking upwards. Yes, you could've flown but you really needed to hold a low profile or the league would take you back. And then you'd really have a problem.

You reached the top and looked at the setting sun. You smiled. At moments like these it really felt as if everything was okay.

As the sun had mostly disappeared, you made your way behind a tree that was growing especially close to the wall and you noticed there was also a gate nearby.

Wonder what place it is, you thought as you took your hoodie off. You fluttered your wings for a bit and then stretched them before sitting down between the tree and the wall, curling your slightly soiled grayish white wings around you, making you look like a little fluffy ball.

After a few minutes, you dozed off, failing to notice the security camera next to the gate.