Hey Mr. Gangster! Chapter Three

Chapter Three

 "Shoulders straight! Chin up! Stomach in! Don't puff out your chest too much. Yeah, that's right. No, no, NO! Tuck in your ass, not stick it out! You look stupid! Come on Call, work with me here!" Caleb cried exasperatedly while flailing his arms like a madman.

"I'm trying!" I ground out through gritted teeth.

"AGAIN!"

"Oh, come on! I thought I was doing fine!"

If not for my awesome forgiving nature, I would have killed Caleb for being such a pain in the ass. I kept asking myself why am I fond of this guy to begin with, and why am I putting up with his unsensible yet sensible intentions of helping me out with my dilemma (if you know what I mean). I just can't figure out why we are having this crash course on how to act like a hormonal teenage boy.

Caleb insisted that I should get the 411 - as if I haven't undergone puberty - so here I am now, being ordered around by the douchebag as if he's the King of England.

He arched his eyebrow disbelievingly. "Oh really? We've been practicing for the last two hours and you still can't get it right," he said.

I threw my hands in the air. "Why do I need this? Why? It's not like I have to enter a freaking fashion show!"

He let out a woosh of air out of his mouth then rubbed his face with his hands out of frustration. "I know you don't need it, but Call, you need to tone down that swagger and the way you talk, it's like you are angry or grunting your every word like a caveman. You don't even enunciate your words properly."

I gasped. "That's crazy! I don't talk like that. I can be smooth and polite."

"Show it to me then," he quirked his eyebrow daring me.

"Fine. Watch me."

I backed up a bit to the wall so that I'll had space for strutting. I composed myself and took a deep breath.

"Any day now. I'm getting old here," Caleb said impatiently.

"Shut it," I snapped at him.

And so I did. I started strutting towards him. I remembered what he said about  my posture and let me tell you, it was so darn hard. I stopped in front of him and gave him my best megawatt smile that would send ladies all the way to Timbaktu.

"Hey. How ya doin'?"

He stared at me for a few moments, assessing my greeting. I was getting a little impatient, but I still waited for his deliberation.

"Well?"

He shook his head. "You sound like P.Diddy imitating Elvis Presley. You walk like you have hemorrhoids."

"WHAT?!" I shouted.

"Don't you go 'WHAT' on me Callisto, because it's true."

I sighed and slumped myself on the nearest chair. "You are even worse than dad..." I said then sagged my head, feeling defeated.

He grinned. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"Hey, guys!" someone chirped.

I lifted my head to see Aiden sauntering over to us holding a plate of something I have been craving for the last two hours, much to Caleb's threat for not letting me eat that sweet tasty thing if I didn't get the crash course right.

The sight of that yummy goodness made my mouth water, so I stood up and stalked towards Aiden. I was about to snatch the plate from him when he raised his hand to stop me.

"Ah ah ah; say please first," he said.

I grunted, but an idea popped up all of sudden. The thought of it made me grin evilly.

"Oh, look! A hot chick over there!" I said while pointing to nothing in particular.

"Where, where, where?" he asked, darting his head left and right.

I snatched the plate from him and I smiled triumphantly. I swooped the cake directly in my mouth, not bothering to use the freaking fork (yes, I'm too cool to use it). No one separates me from my love and only joy. When Aiden realized that I was just distracting him, he snapped his head back and glared.

"That was mean, Callisto."

"Ho shed I wash naysh?" I asked while my mouth was still full of cheesecake.

"Don't talk when your mouth is full!" he scolded.

I swallowed the last bit of the cake and retorted, "What are you, my mother?"

"As a matter of fact, I am. I am Mommy Aiden. Caleb is your daddy."

"I didn't know you guys were married," I snickered then remembered something. "CALEB! How could you?! I proposed to you!" I cried.

Caleb rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure. I don't want to have a jerk for a fiancee, so I decided that I should cancel our engagement."

"You don't know what you're missing, dude," I said then lifted my shirt to expose my 6 pack. "Abs like these are hard to find these days," I said with a smirk on my face.

He scowled. "Dude! Images. The images. I don't want to be haunted with disturbing images!"

I laughed then yawned, feeling the exhaustion sinking in. "I better get some shut eye. I got school tomorrow," I said, my vision blurring like an unfocused camera.

"Okay, I'll wake you up around 6:30am. I'll be the one to choose what you'll wear," Aiden said excitedly.

"Yeah, yeah, now go away," I mumbled, heading towards the comfy bed with my name on it.

"Night, baby booboo!" Caleb cooed.

"Goodnight my darling precious angel," Aiden chimed in.

I stopped at the edge on my bed and glanced over my shoulder. "Ugh..."

They laughed and went out of my room, arguing about what should be my outfit for tomorrow. I chuckled then crashed on my bed, landing with a soft thud. I zonked out immediately, forgetting the rest of the world.

                                                                ******************************

I stared at the mirror with utter revulsion. I knew Aiden would do something that would make me look stupid, but the problem is why I trusted him to choose my outfit for school. I think he watches too many chick flicks.

Aiden pinched my cheeks. "You look so adorable!" he cooed.

I was wearing a powdered, blue long sleeve button up shirt and over it was a cashmere vest. I had on gray slacks and a freaking tacky loafers. My hair was up in a neat hairstyle, heavy on the gel. Great. Just great. My gangster pride was screaming "nerd" and "geek" at me. Yay...

I slapped his hand from my face, scowling. "I look stupid. I think you got this inspiration from your dramas and chick flicks."

He nodded. "Yep. I think it's cool and classy. Makes you look young and refreshing."

I pouted. "I look like a nerdy prep. I want my ripped jeans!" I whined.

"Now, now, young man. Don't give me that attitude," he reprimanded like I'm some whiney 10-year-old.

"You suck."

"Harsh, dude."

I grinned. "I know."

Aiden looked at his watch and gasped in horror. "You're going to be late!"

"Shoot! Gotta go."

I dashed my way out of my room, not bothering that most of the people in the house were still sleeping. I hopped down the stairs two at the time and sprinted towards the front door. My BMW was parked out front and the house help tossed me the keys. When I was about to get in, Caleb called out for me.

"Callisto! You forgot something!"

I groaned and whirled myself to face him. "What?"

He handed me my school bag. "You forgot this," he said, smiling.

I did a face palm as if it slipped my mind. "Damn. Thanks, Caleb," I said and took the bag from him.

He smiled. "No problem." Then he sniffled all of sudden. "I can't believe my son is all grown-up," he said while fixing my collar as if it was disarrayed.

I scowled. "Don't you think you are getting a bit overboard with this paternal thing?"

He dropped his hands from my collar and grinned. "Yes. Very much." Then he pushed me to my car. "Now go or you'll gonna be late for your first day of school."

I nodded and got in my car, tossing the bag in the back seat. I started the car and drove off, hearing Caleb shouting, "Have fun at school" at me.

Oh lord, give me strength...

*****************************

Feel free to vote, like, fan and comment.

Song choice of the day:
Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
I never get tired listening to this song.
(video on the side)