16. Michael

✦❘༻ Michael ༺❘✦

✦❘༻ Michael ༺❘✦

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

The morning will come
again. No darkness, no
season is eternal.

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Taehyung's lips quiver as he blinks his tears away. The sight of thousands of falling angels, his brothers and sisters breaking his heart. Jimin walks to Taehyung and puts his hand on his shoulder. "Taehyung, we need a plan. First to stop Lucifer and then Michael. In between the process we have to secure Faina and stop angel deaths too."

Taehyung takes a deep breath, eyes focused on the sky, the lights now fading away. "They are not dying Jimin. They are being expelled from heaven. They are falling from their grace and their wings will burn away." Jimin knits his brows a bit, hand sliding down Taehyung's shoulder to turn him to his face. "Who could do that? Expel angels from heaven? Most importantly, why would anyone do that?"

"To prevent Michael from using the angel army against him. Lucifer is doing this. He wants to avoid all possible chances of Michael waging a war on him," Taehyung walks in.

"Your highness, it's dangerous to stay in a predictable place like this. We need to go somewhere secure," Kasdeya urges Jimin. "But where?" Taehyung asks. The door to Faina's bedroom opens, stealing everyone's attention. Kasdeya pushes Faina behind her in an instant. A small shriek followed by the door closing itself and Jimin pinning the lady who walked in to the wall without touching her happened so fast. So fast that Faina didn't even have time to react.

"That's my maid! Put her down!" She looks at Jimin, worried. The poor woman looks terrified and ready to faint at any moment now. "Not possessed by a demon," Jimin confirms. "Not an angel," Taehyung nods. Jimin releases her after which she sticks herself against the wall, too terrified to speak. "You will forget what you just saw. You will remember that you cleaned the room and left," Jimin snaps his fingers. The maid nods to his words, hypnotised and walks out of the door.

"So I can't even trust the people I know now? Awesome," Faina throws her hands in the air and sits on her bed. "No, you can't. The chances of Michael or Lucifer coming in the form of someone you know is high. They can even be in the form of us. You have to be on alert all the time," Jimin says. "Great! I'm glad I took 'How to tell Michael and Lucifer apart from the people who know' classes in the college. Real helpful," she snorts. "Can't we just kill them? I mean there should be something right? God created a means of murder for every being he created. Like I'm sure you guys should know this," Faina bites the corner of her lower lip.

"You are right. Archangels can be killed. But that creates a great imbalance to the whole heaven. Two archangels killed means heaven's energy will die down. Which means they only need to be locked away, not killed," Taehyung sighs. "You still aren't telling me how to kill an archangel," Faina asks, not really interested in the details of why an archangel shouldn't be killed.

"The archangel blade. That's the only thing that can kill an archangel other than god," Jimin answers. "Great. Where do we find it," Faina asks, getting concerned looks from everyone in the room. "Only archangels have it," Taehyung says.

"Your highness, we need to leave," Kasdeya reminds Jimin again. "Taehyung, the cabin," Jimin looks at Taehyung, hoping he would still remember it. Taehyung muses for a while before looking at Jimin. "I doubt if it still stands," Taehyung says. "Let's find that out," Jimin vanishes followed by Taehyung. They return almost instantly.

"Time to go," Jimin extends his hand towards Faina. "I'm just following you blindly. If I get killed because of you, I'll take revenge on you personally," Faina says, giving her hand to Jimin. "I assure you, that won't be necessary," Jimin smiles.

"Really?"

Jimin curses under his breath. Faina shudders when she looks at the familiar person standing in the room with them. "Trying to protect a mere human? Is that how low you have stooped Taehyung?"

"Fuck, fuck! That is that guy who tried to kill me in the parking lot. Is that Michael?" Faina whispers to Jimin.

"You, give her to me and I'll let you live," Michael says to Jimin this time. Jimin stands there, holding Faina's hand tightly. "Michael, you know there is nothing you will gain from this. We can stop Lucifer and put an end to this," Taehyung says, hands on his blade.

"We?" Michael turns to him. "Who is 'we'? Why are you adding the loser gang in my team? I came here to do a simple job and I'll leave after I finish it. I do favor anything that's not human so I'm giving y'all a chance to leave her to me and get out of my sight before I change my mind." Michael rolls his eyes when no one responds and snaps his fingers. Faina comes flying into his hands and he secures his hand around her neck. "Faina is it? Such a pretty name. But why did you have to be my stupid brother's mate. Poor soul."

"Aren't you supposed to protect heaven from Lucifer?" Taehyung tries to buy time. "That's next on my list after I kill this girl," Michael pushes Faina on her knees. His angel blade slides down his sleeve. He points it to her heart and is about to push in when Faina chuckles.

"You are so pitiful. I thought angels and god are the ones that protect us. But you have your own issues, you are no hero. You are just as bad as we are but you dare to look down on God's greatest creation. I pity you Michael. You are pretending to show that you are strong but you are nothing but a lost puppy trying to find an excuse to use your power over someone God loves. Over me. Go ahead and achieve nothing by killing me," she grits her teeth.

Jimin is constantly surprised by her bravery. He doesn't know if it's bravery or stupidity but Michael pulls his blade away from her. He smirks and makes a small cut on her cheek startling her. A drop of blood oozes out of the cut. "You've got a pretty big mouth for someone who bleeds from a small cut. I'm not pitiful. You are. Because the ones that claimed to protect you are standing there scared to their wits. Think about it. Who is really pitiful. God's favorite creation or me?"

"You are so clueless," Faina smiles and springs up, catching Michael off guard. She pulls the blade out of his hand and is about to put it in Michael's body when Jimin pulls her away and the next thing she sees is a damp and muddy ground with the archangel blade in her hand.

"Fuck," Jimin pulls her onto her feet. "Faina," he cups her face grinning from ear to ear. "Why didn't you let me kill him!" She yells. "And thanks to everyone who didn't save me back there," she scrunches her face looking at all the mud stains on it.

"Faina, I'm sorry. We were waiting for the right moment so that we could hurt him after moving away from his captive. We weren't abandoning you there," Taehyung says. "Yeah, at least I came to know that I'm the only one whom I can rely on. By the way, aren't archangels supposed to be smart? He didn't even see that coming?" Faina asks, scanning the blade.

"Perhaps he thought you were not capable of that stunt," Jimin takes the blade from her hand. "Well look who's clowned now," Faina chuckles.

"Now, we have the weapon. All we need is a plan," Jimin says. Taehyung nods. "Let's plan."

I saw a few correct guesses about which BTS member is Michael lol. Keep guessing. Drop your guesses here. Let's see who is right.

Leave votes and comments to encourage the author.

Donate on my Kofi if you like my writings. Support me.

I take commissions dm me here or on insta @cheriewrite