68

Jordan Scott Martinelli was still in the country. Actually, he was still in the state, in the country side. We used Vittore's satellite to find him and yes, the Italian has his own satellite. Jordan was living in a barn and by the looks of things, it was properly guarded but my sisters were amazing at what they did and together, we came up with a way to get him.

"Jade Scythe!" I looked up to see the Crimson Raven walking towards me as I tightened the bullet proof vest on my chest.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her and she shook her head, her red hair brushing against her shoulders.

"I just wanted to make sure you're with us," she said and I frowned.

"I am with you," I said confused.

"You might think so but you're head isn't in it," she said softly and I let out a sigh.

"I'll be fine," I assured her and she put her hands in her jean pockets, rocking on her heels.

"I know that. You'e the Jade Scythe are you not?" she teased but her eyes held seriousness. "But you're also human."

"I have a hard time believing that," I said after a beat of silence and the Crimson Raven laughed.

"We all do. Each and every day but that doesn't stop us from wanting otherwise," she told me and motioned for me to take a seat at one of the conference hairs. No one was really paying attention to us so I sat down.

"If you're worried I can't go don't be. You know I can do this, despite everything," I said and she sighed.

"Look around."

"What?" I asked confused at her command.

"Look around Jade Scythe. Look at our sisters."

I did as I was told and turned to watch them. They all talked with smiles on their faces, some holding guns and making poses, their smirks prominent.

"What do you see?"

"I see 15 girls happy to kill something," I deadpanned and I was smacked upside the head.

"Hey!" I snapped turning to the Crimson Raven with a glare as I rubbed my head.

"Be serious," she urged and I sighed, looking back at my sisters just as one started laughing her ass off.

I looked at them all. They were of different races, different nationalities, different religions but they stood there, happier than I had ever seen them.

"What are you seeing?" the Crimson Raven asked.

"They seem.... happy, excited."

"Excited for what?" the Crimson Raven urged.

"Excited to kill Jordan."

"And?"

"Be free," I said softly.

"Good but... do you know what I think?"

I turned to the Crimson Raven with a look that urged her to talk a little more.

"I think, we are going to Kill Jordan and we are all going to move on with less weight on our shoulders. And by we, I mean me and the other sisters not you and you know why?" I hated the look in her eye as she glared at me. "I know you don't like sharing Jade Scythe and I know it's hard but you can't keep everything that happened to us in the safe house to yourself."

I looked down.

"What we went through was traumatic sister. You can't keep it to yourself no matter how much you believe you can. You'll break down eventually and trust me, its not pretty when it happens. Talk to Mr. Martinelli. I saw you two weren't as close as before, I have no idea what happened but... don't be alone with the thoughts in your mind."

I heard the Crimson Raven sigh when my eyes kept to the floor and I refused to look at her. Silence passed between us.

"I don't say these things to make you feel bad or scare you away. I say them because I want to help and I care. You know I do. Think on it ok? We move out in ten."

I let her walk away as my brain run a million miles per hour. I had to blink back the tears that came with my scrambled emotions.

She was right.

I know she was, each and every word rung true but...

I didn't know how to handle it and how exactly was I supposed to bring this up with Vittore?

I sighed and picked up my gun.

First, kill Jordan then work on my shitty emotions.

. . .

I was lying in a maize field, my sniper trained on the farm house just yards away.

The assassin next to me, she was called the Smiling Scorpion and for good reason. She was beautiful with her brown skin and silky hair. Her Indian heritage shone through her features and she was currently eating and apple rather loudly.

"Jade Scythe, Smiling Scorpion, do you have eyes on the danger-zone?" the Crimson Raven's voice filtered through the com at my ear.

"We got you. Don't even worry about it," the Smiling Scorpion said easily, continuing to chew on her apple. She was so relaxed and chill, something expected but I couldn't do that. It was easy for me to but I was seriously out of my element at the moment.

"Agile Mime, Veiled Samaritan move in."

I watched through my sniper as the two ladies walked up to the farm house and knocked on the door. They had been disguised as men, farmers, looking somewhat similar to the neighbours not far from here. The door was opened by a buff man and the guys started talking before the two were led inside.

"Iron Mamba, we want to hear what's going on in there," I said into my com to the girl in-charge of the tech. She was honestly the smartest hacker I'd come across.

"I'm sorry guys I can't get you in without setting off the alarms Jordan put around the house," she said back.

"What do you mean alarms?" I asked.

"Well the coms we are using to communicate are old, untraceable but so much as call someone in a two mile radius and bam. We're caught."

I heard the crunch of a chip after her speech and sighed.

"Can you work around it?" the Crimson Raven inquired hopefully.

"Yes but I'll need at hour at least."

"We don't have an hour," the Crimson Raven snapped. "Is there anything else you can do?"

"Well..." the com went quiet for two seconds. "There is a shed behind the house, maybe that's where Jordan is keeping all his tech. If someone can get in there and disable the wires per my instructions, we can get through."

I could hear the Crimson Raven curse. The best at stealth was the Agile Mime and she was obviously of no use at the moment.

"I'll go," I said and there were protests.

"You can't-"

"I can and I will. Someone cover for me," I said quickly and started leaving my post.

"I swear to Go-"

I got off the com at least until I got into the shed.

God I hoped this worked and I hadn't just blown off our whole mission.