𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14: 𝕴 𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖘 𝖒𝖞 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊

I quickly ran to my room

I quickly ran to my room. Madeline just literally saved my ass. I didn't think they would come home. How did I not hear them or anything?

I got to my room and closed the door. I had wet hair. I should shower but I have no desire to. I just changed my clothing and dried my hair, puting it in a messy bun.

I pulled out my laptop and began shopping a little. My birthday is coming up, dad told me we are having a whole big ball for it. So I guess I need a dress.

I do love these type of things. The dresses, hair, and the beautiful decor. I always find it entertaining. I never get bored.

I started looking and looking. I guess I lost track of time. I looked at my phone and noticed that it already 2 in the morning.

I wasn't very tired, and I really wanted to go out and do something illegal. I don't know why, but I haven't had a race or fight. Dad said he would arrange it but I don't think he will.

I lost my train of thought when I heard a gunshot. I ran out of my room and darted down the stairs, only to see my brothers in a group arguing. Something about a dumbass and don't you know how to use your key.

I rolled my eyes and left. They didn't even notice me anyways.

Making my way up I see Madeline.

"Hey, are you okay?" She gave me a questioning look. I wasn't okay. I have mixed emotions, about everything.

"I'm fine, just really tired," I lied. I felt bad lying to her. She seemed to be a really good person. She doesn't deserve that, to be lied to. I just can't explain why I feel so sad, I know why I just can't explain it.

"Oh, how about you get some sleep then, we can talk another time. I will tell the boys to quiet down for you," she said to me. I gave her a smile and she returned it. I walked away. The boys voices fading as I went down the hall.

I don't understand. I don't get the feeling I feel. I have felt hurt, mad, sad, vengeful. All of the above. This feeling is different. It's not love or hate. It's not sadness. It's more like empty. It's like I just don't have a place. I'm in a home. A home with memories. None of my own, I am here making my own. Except it doesn't feel right, this isn't my home. The people here may be, but this house isn't mine. I look at the pictures on the wall and they had no meaning to me.

It's like when you go through baby pictures. You feel like you should remember but you just don't. You know the people in the picture but you just don't know what is going on. It's foreign to me. The unknown. I want to have the attachment to this place. I want to so bad. I just can't. This isn't my home. My mother was my home. She was all I needed.

They fell down. The tears. They have been pooling in my eyes. It's all just a lot. They all make it a lot.

My thoughts stop when my door opens and a little boy walks in. Dante walks in and runs to me. He stops when he sees my face. His smile drops.

"Sissy, you are crying." He voice is full of sadness. Tears fill his eyes. I felt bad.

"Oh, buddy. I'm perfectly fine." I lied again. I don't need him to feel bad.

"Your not," I hate this. I hate what position I'm being put in.

He walks over and gets in my bed. He hugs me. He gives me a sense of comfort. One I haven't felt since my mom. I missed it. You never know how much you need something till you finally lose it.

We stayed here. A while. I hugged my youngest brother. Who knew a six year old could be so wise and kind. He puts us before himself, something the others have only learned.

"I miss my home Dante." I whispered to him.

"You are home though. How can you miss something that is right here?"

"No, I don't mean an house. I mean a person. My mom was my home. I felt at home with her. She made every moment happy. Without her I just don't feel safe. There is a difference between house and a home. Do you understand buddy?"

"Yes, but I don't know who is my home, what if I never have a home?" The tears slowly race down his face.

"Yoi have a home. Everyone in this house is your home. We love you buddy." I tried to calm him down.

"I know you guys do. I love you all to." He smiled. He stayed in my arms.

He breathes became steady and his eyes slowly shut. He was tired from crying. He eventually feel asleep.

I looked down at him in my arms. I loved this feeling. He is such a lovable little human.

I laid there for a while. Just looking at him. Some I fell asleep as well.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I woke up to a empty bed. I look next to me and find a note.

Daddy took me to the park. He said we could hang out later. Love you.

Dante
Written and Edited by Mattia

I laugh a little. He is so cute.

I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror. I look like shit. I take a quick shower, get ready and head down stairs.

I go to the kitchen and make something to eat. After I just pull out my phone. I look and see a text from my dad. It said that they all went out and will be home soon.

I was home alone. That was not gonna to end well. I could feel it. Oh boy was I right.

This is the end of Chapter 14 of Dépaysement. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

This chapter had no pictures so I am just going to add one because why not.

For my zodiac lovers

With love Alivia ❤️