01| Death of the World

[M/N] has always been a forgiving being, always giving second chances and trying to be less of a problem. A burden to his mother and grandma, even if they didn't deserve second chances either, more his mother than grandma. She did raise him later in life but passed as he turned 18, a legal adult. She wasn't all bad, Nanie was a sweet older woman, just too stern and too cold about affection, but at least Nanie fed him. 

His mother is underground as well, failing liver and kidneys from drinking over the years. He was alone, with no friends either or alternate family.

[M/N] began to live his life, early college and living in a dorm, and hopefully get a job with good money and possibly adopt a dog or something.

He still had something missing in his heart, and soon Genshin Impact filled it. [M/N] worked a dead-end waiter job and some tutoring, just for saving up on tuition, food, and for his beautiful characters. The game took him by storm after his roommate left for a family emergency, and his phone broke on the way there but not after using his mom's phone to call [M/N]. Something about commissions and grinding for things, that's when his love began. That weekend was filled with playing with the characters and learning about things. 

The lore, the characters, Lumine that his roommate was at the time, everything!

[M/N] began his own journey as the Zhongli banner came out, his first ten pull, Zhongli was on it along with Beidou, Ningguang, and Diona. His beloved characters, he played the story and pulled when new banners came out, and when he had extra then he could whale for them. [M/N] loved them, all, giving them the best of the best but his favorite as a main was his beloved Zhongli.

Most because of his ass.

He loved them and he thought they loved him too.

[M/N] ended up in Genshin, the game he loved and played since the game began. Saving up for his favorites. His Xiao, Venti, Jean, Klee, all of them but because of this mysterious circumstance of ending up in the game one day after going to sleep, he wanted to see them and have the best times.

It didn't.

"Imposter! Get him!" The usual soft-spoken Jean commanded, the second he stepped foot into Mondstadt. [M/N] had to look at them, as everyone began crowding around him with weapons or food to hurl at him. [M/N] darted out and avoided the guards outside, nearly tripping as he rushed out off the bridge. 

If it weren't for him shoving down Timmie as he ran, they would be closer. He would have to apologize later. 

"Stop running!"

[M/N] did some zig-zag moves, holding his head as Amber began shooting her pyro arrows. He kept moving around and heard the loud steps of the knights that followed after him and the small booms that Klee's bombs were making as he ran away. He could feel his breathing get heavier as the pain hit his shoulder, but he was running and knew if he was caught that the land of freedom's people would hurt him. This arrow feels like Venti since Amber has piss poor aim sometimes. 

"Mitachurl!" Amber alerted as [M/N] glanced behind him to see four Mitachurls rushed towards them with wooden shields, it was odd with four shield ones. 

[M/N] kept hurrying as he slides down a ditch, and took deep breaths. He knew those things would keep them busy and he really needed to work out. [M/N] looked at the arrow in his shoulder as he touched it, wincing and glancing over. He didn't see them, but he sits back down and takes a deep breath before releasing them. 

"Dada?" 

[M/N] nearly squeals and pissed himself as a regular Hilichurl was somehow next to him, his eyes blinked back tears as the pain came from his shoulder because of the movement. He winced as he rubbed around the area, but then noticed the apple in his sight. The Hilichurl gently offered the apple in his hand, it looked so perfect. [M/N] moved and gently grasped it, looking over it. "Thanks." He whispered as he takes a bit and when he did, or at least had his teeth were in the fruit as the Hilichurl grasped the back of the arrow and yanked.