Chapter Fifteen - Last minute details

2 November 2011

Since she had been feeling better, Evelyn had been attending church on a regular basis.  Whilst it shocked people at first seeing her at Westminster Abbey, they calmed down after the shock wore off.  She had wanted to get a better understanding of the faith that she now believed and whilst she had gone to church a few times whilst dating William and she understood the faith, she liked attending church.  It made her feel like she was learning more and more each time.

The Archbishop appreciated that the young woman attended as well and that she didn't baptise just for the Royal family.  

It was now Wednesday and the engaged couple were meeting with their wedding planner, Fiona Shaw, today for last minute details and to go over everything.

William and Evelyn had decided on two different cakes as they chose red velvet cake and a chocolate biscuit cake known as the classic Tiffin cake.  But William knew that red velvet was Evelyn's favourite and chose to have both of them.  The chocolate biscuit cake was going to be three feet tall with eight tiers whereas the red velvet would be slightly smaller and not as many tiers.  

They were meeting with their wedding planner to go over last minute details today and Evelyn was so glad that she was feeling better and William was back with her.  He would be with her this whole time now and then they would be moving to north Wales after their wedding where he continues his pilot training.  

Evelyn was quite excited about the move but she knew she would miss her friends and family.  But she was looking forward to a change of scenery.  They already had their home.  They would be living in Anglesey which was pretty close to his training.  

It was nice too because there was an ocean in Anglesey.

It was a beautiful farmhouse that was pretty big with seven bedrooms and five bathrooms.  Though it seemed quite large for just the two of them - they had bought a bigger home in hopes that their family and friends would come visit them often.  Since she hadn't had a lot of time to meet with the realtor in person, they met virtually and same with him showing her homes in the area.  It was all done virtually as it was the easiest for the time crunch that they were in.  Their realtor was so amazing and really took her time with Evelyn trying to figure out what the couple was looking for.

It was nice because they got the best of both worlds with having a farm house but with the home being nestled in the back of Lligway beach.  There were three reception rooms all of them featuring fireplaces which was a big plus for Evelyn as she always loved fireplaces.  Not only that but with their master bedroom not only did it have a full en-suite bathroom but also a balcony overlooking Lligway Beach.  It reminded the couple of their time spent in Kenya and watching the sunrises every morning.  The couple wouldn't be moving there until at least a few weeks after their honeymoon as they would have to get everything out of their apartment.

"Can you believe how fast it's all coming?" Evelyn asked her fiancé as they were in his car on the way to Buckingham Palace.  "Only thirteen more days."

"It seems as though time is flying by," William said equally excited.  "I can't wait to see you in your dress.  You know since you won't tell me any details," he told her trying to get information for her and she rolled her eyes.

"Exactly and you aren't going to either," she teased him as he leaned toward him and put her hand behind his neck as she played with the nape of his neck.  "But I am looking forward to seeing you in your military uniform again," she told him as she bit her lip.

He stopped when the light turned red and gave Evelyn a quick kiss.

"You're just saying that because you love me even more in my uniform," he teased back.