Chapter Thirty Five: Bracca

The ship was quiet except for the hum of hyperspace and the little snores emanating from Omega's mouth. Cass finished slipping into her mostly dried clothes from before, then gathered Omega's tinier set and brought the warm pieces of fabric to the cockpit.

She laid out the clothes near Omega's feet, then squatted beside the head of the bunk. She wrapped her finger around one of Omega's tendrils, then scratched at her scalp gently.

Omega stirred softly, then yawned and nuzzled closer into Cass' hand. Cass ran a thumb over the child's temple and eyebrow, taking her time to slowly wake her up.

"We're gonna land soon, sleepyhead," Cass hummed and pulled her hand away.

"But I was having...such a good dream," Omega admitted between yawns, then peeked her eyes open tiredly.

"What was it about?" Cass asked as she peeled the blanket from Omega's body and gently urged the child to sit up.

"I was on Kamino but instead of water raining outside, it was raining mantell mix," Omega mumbled out as a grin grew on her face. "I was walking around the facility trying to find the boys but everyone there had turned into frogs and would only croak in response and then we were on Saleucami, I don't know how we got there," she rushed out in one long breath.

"And who's we?" Cass perked a brow with an amused grin.

"You were there, and Tech. And Hunter, I think?" Omega muttered as she scratched her head. "His hair was so long, like really long, like all the way to the ground. And I think there was a talking bantha there too. But a small one, like tiny enough you could hold it in your hands," she laughed as she cupped her hands together to demonstrate.

Cass laughed with her as she pulled Omega to her feet. The child giggled to herself as she continued telling bits and pieces of the dream, most of which was incoherent and inexplicable.

"...Wrecker and Echo had heads like tauntauns and we all started running from the giant tooka doll! It almost got to me but thankfully you woke me up," Omega finished her grand finale with her hands gesturing wildly in the air.

"That sounds like an crazy dream," Cass sighed happily, then pointed to the clothes at the edge of the bed. "You're clothes are pretty much dry now. Why don't you go change, I think the ride shouldn't be much longer. Rex is in the fresher, but you can use the upper level for privacy."

Omega nodded and scooped the clothes up, then shuffled up the far ladder. As she did so, Cass swung all her hair behind her shoulders, grabbing at just the white pieces that framed her face. She strung the hair together into two plaits, one on each side.

Omega hopped back down into the cockpit—now comfortably dressed—then paused just short of Cass. She squinted as she pointed to the ends of Cass' hair.

"What are you doing?" she asked as she puckered her brows.

"Braiding my hair," Cass answered softly as she teased the ends with her fingers. "It keeps these front pieces from falling in my face."

"It's...pretty. I like it," Omega hummed as she skipped closer and twirled one twist with her index. "Can you braid my hair?"

"Hm...it's a bit short but..." Cass tilted her head and fluffed the roots of Omega's scalp. The longer strands that hung in her face were quickly swooped to one side by Cass' hand. "I could probably braid these pieces back."