I need you to say it (requested)

The feeling of Sana's soft hand brushing along your cheek and the feeling of her lips moving across your cheek as she left sweet kisses on your skin awoke you from your slumber.

"Y/N," she whispered in your ear and you sighed before slowly opening your eyes. "Hi, my love."

"Hi." You hummed, melting into her touch. "What time is it?"

"A little after six am."

"Why are you waking me up so early?" You whined. "Why are you awake so early?"

"I have to head out to practice."

You pouted before nodding wordlessly, closing your eyes again as she stroked your cheek.

"Just wanted to give you a kiss before I head out."

You opened your eyes once more and puckered your lips, ready for her lips to hit yours for a sweet morning kiss.

"I won't be back too late. We don't have too much to get done today, so I should be back early enough for a movie and cuddles, if you want."

"I'd love that so much."

"Me too, sweet girl." She smiled, kissing you a few more times. "I wish I could spend the day in bed, kissing you and holding you. But I have to get going."

You pulled away, sending her a sad smile before pecking her lips once more.

"I understand. Have a great day. I love you."

"Okay. Bye, darling."

You frowned as soon as you realized that she hadn't repeated the words back to you. She always does, no matter what's going on or what the time is. You find the words falling from her lips countless times a day.

So it didn't feel right not hearing her say them back.

"Sana, no," you whined and grabbed her hand in yours before she could walk away.

"What? What is it, my love?" She asked, pretending as if she didn't know.

"Why didn't you say it back?"

"What do you mean?"

"Sana," you sat up and intertwined your fingers with her, staring at her with tired but hopeful eyes. "You know what I mean. Say it!" You pouted.

"Say what, cutie?" She giggled, brushing her thumb along your knuckles.

"I need you to say it!"

"Okay! I love you!" She giggled. "Baby girl, you know I love you. So much."

"That's better." You smiled a little. "Why wouldn't you say it sooner?"

"I was pranking you." She said, booping your nose. "You prank me all the time. I wanted to prank you back."

"That's unfair. It's too early for that."

She giggled and kissed you a few times.

"I'm sorry. Go back to sleep. I love you so very much, baby." She said, brushing her nose against yours.

"I love you too." You mumbled sleepily, making her eyes sparkle and her heart flutter as she realized how much you were pushing through sleep to have a moment or two with her before she left for the day.

After the words fell from your lips, she gently pushed at your shoulders to have you lay back down so you could go back to sleep as she kissed your forehead and then headed out the door; so in love with you that words weren't ever going to be enough to express just how much.