- Twenty

Adisyn Kay Wise

"Mhm," I hum back listening to Ezra rant about his date last night.

To say the least — This week has been a chaos! I haven't even had time to answer emails to some partners and to respond to what we will be choosing.

It's been pretty much insane and it's been even more insane with Dylan's sudden leave to California. No one expected it so right now the building has been somewhat upside down?

"I don't understand women!"

I breathe a laugh "I'm a women and I don't even understand myself!" I continue to type "I mean did you tell her this?"

He shakes his head "Addi, she left out of nowhere? She just grabbed her bag and said she's not going through this again and bam she left! Like you would expect for her to stay but no?"

I shrug. I really don't have an answer to this one. "I've never dated a rich dude so I can't help with this,"

"Reece?"

"We didn't date date? And besides, he never talked about his money that much but I will say that it felt I don't know? Not necessarily weird but not normal to date a guy who is rich." He sighs taking a bite out of his sandwich. "It felt like I was using him but I wasn't but... I don't know. Whenever he would buy me things it would make me feel bad?

"Maybe she just didn't expect for you to be wealthy? I mean you certainly don't act like most cocky dudes and you know that because I'm working with one right now," I tell him talking about the way Reed acts.

"If you dated Reed—"

"Ezra, that's too far."

He breathes a laugh "Oh come on! You wouldn't date him?" I shake my head "Is that really how bad he is that you wouldn't date him?" I nod my head "But just imagine it for me!"

I look at him and he looks at me almost begging with his eyes. I hesitate and sigh "Fine, go on."

He smiles "If you were dating Reed how would you feel about being with someone like him?"

"Probably horrible knowing he could be cheating on me,"

"Adisyn!" I smile "Let's say this — he was so in love with you? Deeply in love with you." Eww. That's hard to imagine!

I take a moment to take that in. "It would feel not normal to know that I'm dating someone who is that rich! It would feel maybe a little weird to know that he's really wealthy and could buy literally anything! If I loved him then I would love him and not care at all but I do think it may feel unusual to date him?"

•••

I feel my head start to hurt and I continue to look through my docs forwarding her all the things we need and another doc that shows what we have had so far.

Reed Auclair

Hey let's go out for lunch?

I can't

You can't or you don't want to?

I can't I'm supposed to do some of
Dylan's job too :/

Next time?

Yeah sure

•••

I yawn and stare at the time.