Chapter 27 - There's Only One

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: Cussing

A/n: If I were to write another story after this one, for practice sake, which cookie should I do-
And would anyone even read it

° ° ° ° °

The ticks of a clock, counting them after the bell ringing took a lot of concentration. Pure Vanilla managed to do it everyday, he kept his tracks covered better than you managed.

The 4th bell, he said, rung one more time than the other bells, that meant it was 9 pm. At around 9:30, Dark Enchantress prepares her half of the army to be sent on patrol, night patrol, while she sleeps. Pomogrante and Dark Choco stay up for an extra 15 minutes, leaving at around 9:45. And lastly, Red Velvet would leave to go back to his quarters. Obviously, the last one was no problem, since he was stuck with you guys in a cell.

After the 30 ticks, the sound of footsteps could be heard, becoming more distant and hollow as she walked away.

Now, you had Custard Cookie, who was the smallest, crawl under the bars. He squished himself under, appearing on the otherside covered in some debris. Pure Vanilla handed him his makeshift staff, which he carefully carved the key into over the span of many days. It was a perfect fit.

Very carefully opening the door, you 6 slipped out, being absolutely sure not to make much noise. Now, there was a 15 minute wait before the group could safely enter the main hall.

You felt a small tap on your shoulder, and looked over to see Pure Vanilla. He pointed at Custard, who was looking pretty shabby, and mouthed the words, "Can I?"

Not exactly sure of what he wanted you shrugged, and nodded. Pure Vanilla smiled, turning to Custard and picking him up, holding him gently enough to not cause any more damage to his frail body. Soon, you would make him better, very soon.

Silently counting, you were at 6 now, time seemed to pass so slowly when you had to paitently wait for something. You looked back at the rest of the cookies, plus cake, to see how they were holding up.

Pancake was holding Bundt, who was half asleep. He was doing very well at keeping quiet, he is usually the type to talk your ear off. The importance of being quiet in this situation may have been a factor to his very silent state.

Red Velvet looked terrible. While you were waiting for 9pm to come around, and discussing the plan, you would here him cry for a few minutes, and then abruptly stop. His eyes had darker spots under them, and he looked tired, his usual very cocky attitude was replaced with one of sorrow and distress. To be fair, if you had most of your family murdered infront of you while your terrible mother figure just allowed it to happen, you'd be pretty upset too.

Pure Vanilla, on the other hand, was absolutely fascinated by Custard. Even as the child lay with half lidded eyes and paid little attention to him, Pure Vanilla kept examining him, his hair and his face. His clothes and his little crown, which still hasnt fallen off somehow. Perhaps he superglued it on.

You felt a jab on your side, and whipped your head around to see Red Velvet. 'Shit. I stopped counting'

But that wasnt why he was poking you, you listened closely to hear footsteps, headed the same way the ones before did.

Surely it hadnt been 15 minutes, you cant get lost in thought for that long, can you?

Pure Vanilla shuffled foward, peeking around the corner into the moderately sized hall. After a few seconds, he motioned his head,making it obvious he wanted you guys to follow and then quietly walked into the hall. 'Guess that means its safe.'