*Coffee*

August 22nd, 2007

9 years later

Iris tied her hair into a messy bun and put her apron on. She put her earbuds in, put on a random song and walked down to the coffee shop. It was about a half an hour walk from her apartment, but she didn't mind the distance. She opened the coffee shop and began preparing for the day. The small cafe was well known in the town of Banff, any tourists came and visited it since it looked so heartwarming, especially during the cold winters of Canada. It took a while for Iriss to get used to the weather, but she enjoyed the snow. It was much different from when she lived in England, but she's been trying to forget about her life back then. 

A lot had changed for Iris, for one she hadn't talked much for about a decade. Yes she was friendly, well she sort of had to be to serve her customers, but she couldn't remember the last time she cracked a genuine joke or said something witty. She put on her name tag, and opened the cafe, letting in people who desired a drink or food. It was 6 in the morning, so she didn't expect many people to stay. usually, people who came this early were for take-out. She made herself a strong black coffee, she needed it today. It was Percy's birthday, and it was something iris could never forget, even though she desperately tried for the last couple of years. It was the 9th year in a row that iris had missed his birthday, she wasn't even sure if he was alive. he probably was, and Harry probably won the war but she didn't know. After she left Hogwarts she cut off any ties with the wizarding world. She only suspected they won because she hadn't seen or heard any terrors. 

Yes, it was a big change that iris was willing to make, cutting off ties with... herself. She changed her last name to Majorie. So now it was just Iris Majorie. She hated the name, but she felt it was the only way to help her tie in with the muggles. She had also died her hair brown, no more Dursley Blond hair. She hadn't contacted anyone from her past, not her parents, not Harry, not Mika, not Percy. She was quite lonely, in her small apartment working every day in the small coffee shop of Banff, but it was what she wanted. The less she had, the less she had to make a mistake. The bell rang for the front door, indicating she had her first customer. It was 7 in the morning, and she was surprised she hadn't gotten other people. Iris walked up to the counter to serve the newcomer, but stopped for a second and stared at the man. 

He looked like someone she knew, with red hair, freckles, blue eyes. Wrinkles were forming around his eyes, but he still looked lively. He was fairly tall and skinny, and he dressed semi-formal. Percy? No, Iris shook the thought out of her head, she hadn't seen the man in nearly 10 years, and there were bound to be some people in the world who looked like him. Plus, how would he know it was iris, she looked different. And it was Canada, Percy didn't like cold places. Just within that split second, the shop was full of people, and her co-worker scolded her for not moving. iris cleared her throat and greeted her customer. "'Good Morning, welcome to Mountains coffee, can I take your order?" The red head man looked towards the menu and seemed hesitant as to what to order. "It all looks really good, but I can't decide. What would you recommend for breakfast." He had a British accent which made Iris have butterflies, but she shooed them off. Iris thought of the delicious waffles that they made here. "Well, my personal favourite is the syrup drizzled waffles," she said politely. The man nodded, "Alright, I'll order that. And I'll also have a sandwich please." 

He nodded and set the menu down, but iris almost raised an eyebrow. Well it was a free country, and she wasn't going to judge, but both plates were pretty big in size... and what was the point of her opinion if he already had an order ready. "Are you waiting for someone?" She asked. It could be just a curious question, he was sitting at a table for two. Normally, single people sat on the counter. the man nodded. "Yes, I am. I'm here for a date and I ordered for her." Iris's heart fell a little, but she sure it wasn't Percy, and who cares. She was over him... she thinks. She gave him a sweet smile. "How kind of you." The man nodded thanks and waited patiently for his date or the food, whichever came first. Iris made his breakfast quickly, knowing many people had little to no patience in the mornings. But it still took her a good 20 minutes, and when she went to serve him, his date still wasn't there. He thanked her for the food, and iris awkwardly left the table, but she was called back.

"Uh sorry, I'm afraid there's something wrong." He said. Iris began to eye his food. "Oh I'm sorry, is there anything I can do?" She asked. He nodded. "Yes actually, it'd do me a great idea if you ate with me, I don't want the food to go to waste." He looked disappointed, but iris was confused. She looked around looking for help, it was kinda weird. "I'm sorry, I can't sit and eat, but I can package it up for you if you like." She suggested. The man shook his head, but he was awfully calm. "You don't seem to be needed, please, just sit with me until I am accompanied."He asked so sweetly, but iris still thought it was weird. Yet some weird thought came over her head and she sat down warily. The man looked content and ate his food, silence washing over. After about a few minutes, Iris was beginning to feel uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, may I ask who you are waiting for? Perhaps they left a message to us?" The man continued to eat his food but replied. "I'm waiting for Iris Dursley."