Chapter 41: Strangers Reunion

The trip back to the roof went as smoothly as they could have hoped for, it was so smooth in fact that the woman started to give them details of her family's time at the compound. They already knew most of the details of course and the ones they didn't know weren't exactly relevant. It was something best brought up with the medical personal, police, and heroes; but they let her talk anyways, she probably needed it. She gave some details about her husband and child as well and constantly muttered to herself out of worry for the two of them.

As the group filed up onto the roof the first thing they noticed was a hero and Kiyori carrying Tsukoyomi onto what looked to be a blue cloud. When they set him down on it, they noticed the group that had just emerged and paused. 

"Mrs. Kato I assume?" asked the hero.

"Y-yes." she stammered.

"It's good to see you are safe, your husband and child are being secured as we speak. If you'll come with me I'll transport you to the medical team." He said gesturing her forward.

She looked at Izuku, unsure of what she should do.

"Go with him, we'll be heading down to aid in the rescue of the rest of your family," he said encouragingly.

The woman looked back at the hero, then back at Izuku, and nodded. Then she made her way over to the blue cloud where the hero helped her on and a few moments later the cloud lifted off and started to fly towards where their forces had medical staff on standby.

As they flew off Izuku radioed in to report that they had secured Mrs. Kato and that both she heading to the medical with Tsukuyomi with the hero Cloud Rider, then informed them that his team would be heading to assist in securing the husband and child.

After he got an acknowledgment from command, he turned to his squad.

"Get to the rappels, we'll get the ground then make our way to the other building to help in securing the others." He said.

The squad nodded and made their way to where they had placed their pitons, reeled up their lines attached themselves to them again, and just like they had started their mission, started making their way down the side of the building.

When they hit the dirt, they started to make their way around the side of the building. As they did so, Izuku sent a short-range communication out to let any allies know that they were approaching. This turned out to be wise as there were several guards stationed out in front of the apartment complex.

The guards were dressed like QSU, but one glance at the patched indicated that they were a sub-group. One with a decimal designation to indicate that they full ranking members, but were assigned to a more experienced squad to assist on missions. It was the third and final stage of training for QSU squads, when they were done, they would be given their own full designation and then assigned to a prefecture. The group nodded to them as they jogged past, which Izuku and his squad returned.

By now this area had been well secured, with the assault groups present in the area checking for injured and securing surrendered foes. Shortly though, they would be heading out to join other confrontations across the compound.

As Izuku's squad got closer to the other apartment complex they started to see flashes of light and explosions. The fighting was still fierce apparently, but it wasn't until they rounded a corner that realized just how bad things had gotten. 

The entire area in front of the apartment complex had turned into a chaotic melee, with heroes and villains duking it out, blowing holes in the ground and nearby structures. Izuku looked up and he saw a multitude of explosions in the air.