Izuku VII

Izuku, Ahmya, and the last of the remnants from the hospital task force had had no time to rest. As soon as reinforcements arrived and the hospital had been secured, they'd been ordered to head to the front lines and aid them wherever possible. Re-Destro and the Division Commander Skeptic had been cornered at the city center but the resistance had proved to be far greater than anticipated. They'd already managed to eliminate Geten with Curious and Trumpet cornered in another corner of the city. That battle was largely under control, so every spare soldier was being sent to aid in the termination or arrest of Re-Destro. So after being given a couple of hours' rest, they made their way through the ruined streets to the city center where the last of the fierce fighting was taking place.

Izuku and Ahmya were currently crouched down behind a partially collapsed wall, embroiled in a firefight with several long-distance quirk users. Izuku took a pot shot at one assailant who seemed to have run into a problem with the support gear attached to his arm that seemed to extend the range of his attacks. The hastily fired shot deflected off the arm and the villain dived back behind cover. They didn't have any explosives left at this point, having used them all several hours earlier. They flinched as part of the wall to Izuku's left exploded, brick debris flying everywhere. Ahmya snapped up from her position and squeezed out a burst of bullets before having to get behind cover again.

"We need to get out of here! They'll break through soon! We got to retreat to a better position!" shouted Izuku over the noise.

Ahmya nodded and pulled out her radio and headset, the noise too much to understand what came over without the headphones. She and the person on the other end shouted back and forth for a minute before she stowed them away again.

"Our escape is cut off! Enemy reinforcements used some kind of mass movement quirk to swing behind us! They took out our relief and are closing in on our position! We have to either charge the enemy in front, behind, or sit here!" She shouted, surprisingly calm given their desperate position.

Izuku glanced over the wall at the villain's hold-up in the building in front of them. They didn't have much choice, charging the enemy behind them and exposing their flank. They had to charge the enemy in the building or be surrounded and cut down. They stared at each other for a moment, then looked back behind them at the remaining soldiers and QSU operatives that still remained, barely a dozen. Several nodded, all of them prepared for what might be their final moments. Then one of the infantrymen started shouting, got up from cover, and made a mad dash towards the enemy position, firing every round he had towards them.

The sudden act spurred them all to similar action, they vaulted over their cover and ran at the enemy, firing every round left in their cartridges until they ran out. They then pulled out their sidearms and continued to fire. By the time they had it halfway across, twelve had been reduced to six. When they finally got to the enemy position, six had become three, and the brutal melee began.

Izuku slammed his rifle into a villain's face, breaking his nose and sending him backward. Then he had to throw his rifle at a villain coming at him from behind, it slowed him down. He pulled the bowie knife out of its thigh holster and dove right to avoid a stream of some steaming thick black liquid. It splattered onto the ground where it boiled and steamed ominously. Izuku ran at the villain who tried to backpedal but tripped over a body. Izuku jumped onto the man, his right hand restraining the villains left, and used the opening to quickly slam his knife into the man's throat. Then he jumped forward off the body, rolling and avoiding the piece of rebar that had been swung right where his head had been a moment earlier. He picked up a piece of rubble and threw it at the villain behind him. It hit the villain in the thigh, not doing much but distracting him long enough for Izuku to close the distance. He grabbed the piece of rebar, but instead of wrestling with it, he slammed the crown of his head into the bridge of the man's nose. The nose broke easily and the villain staggered backward. Izuku dropped his grip on the rebar and slammed his knife up and into the man's jaw, the knife long enough to punch from the underside of the jaw and into the brain, killing his opponent instantly.