Chapter 24

Unedited 08/11/2021

  "Although summer was almost over, I get a summer job as a waitress to keep me occupied. It kept me distracted. I put my all into it and got good at it. I started to make really good tips."

  "When school reopened, I started working after school, and on Saturdays, I wanted to work on Sundays as well, but the manager put her foot down. She said I had to rest plus I'm young, so I need to go out and enjoy myself."

  "All the things I used to enjoy with my friends were no longer fun and we drifted apart very fast. My boyfriend dumped me because I was no longer fun to be around, I could not blame him. I could hardly pass my subjects."

  "By the end of the school year, I tried to convince myself that I could not live like that. I spoke to my mother a few times and I promised her that I would reactivate my social life. I knew I could not but at least I could tell her that I tried."

  "At home, things were not better. My father would still be gone and come back as drunk as ever. Sometimes he would be drunk for weeks. When he gets sober, he would be so mean and before you knew it he would be drunk again. As cold as it may sound, after a while, I started to look forward to him being drunk."

  "Work was the only thing that puts stability in my life. If I was capable of being happy, I would say work was the only thing that made me happy. But how could I be happy?"

  "Upon promising my mother I'll rebuild my social life, I started to date the captain of the swim team. I sometimes wondered why he put up with me because most of the times we go out, only my body was there, not my mind or my heart."

  "They would be miles away, wondering where my father was and if he was safe. They would sometimes be missing my siblings, or longing for my mother's smile or touch."

  "One of these Sundays when I was supposed to be resting or enjoying myself instead of working. My boyfriend and I went to a pool party. The school year was coming to an end, and everyone was spending as much time with their friends knowing that some of them won't see each other again after graduation."

  "The instant I reached, with all the music, all the talking and laughing, I regretted going. I was to be at a party that, but not this party. I was to be at Josh's 5th birthday party which was been held hundreds of miles away." 

  "I guess Terry, my date saw that I did not want to be at the party, so he offers to take me for a drive. I was not paying attention to where I was going until he pulled up at the famous Air Force lookout." It was an abundant Air Force base that overlooks the present airport."

  "At night it was a really beautiful place, seeing the colorful lights at the Airport. The glittering light from the city below. You could even hear the music traced with laughter lifting in the air from all the parties in the city."

  "It was also the place where a lot of trips ends with the female virginity ending as well. Terry's response to me asking what we were doing there is that he wanted to talk to me."

  "He wanted to know why I was always sad. I thought about telling him before, but I could not, so I just told him that I lose my parents the summer before."

  "He was so compassionate, he hugged me, letting me know that things will get better with time. He started kissing me, and then.... she just sat and looked out on the flowers blowing in the wind."

A/N I could not do this without you. I appreciate you.