Chapter 10

Thanks for reading, loves! It's short, but... I hope you enjoy it, nonetheless.

The next couple of days were uneventful and boring to say the least. Artemis didn't even have Newt there to annoy her. She realized now how much time she'd spent with him and just how... Entertaining he was. She'd been assigned as a Med-jack which was a pretty slow job since nobody put getting major injuries on their to-do lists nowadays. She slowly went back into her old habit of complete silence, only speaking when asked something, or when Minho was around or Chuck came by. She was sat in the little room when Clint walked in. "Hey." He said. She nodded and smiled and tried to say hi, only it came out so low she doubted he'd heard it. "Thought you'd be in the Kitchen." He raised a brow at her. When she got bored in the Med room she'd go to the kitchen to help Frypan out. She shook her head. "I was thinking of it, but then Andy came in with a bloody thumb." Clint smirked. "Lemme guess, a hammer and a misplaced nail." Artemis sighed. "You've got it!" She said with false enthusiasm. "Where's Jeff?" Clint pulled of his muddy shirt, Artemis handed him a new one from the drawers where he kept spares. "Building" she said wiping the last of Andy's blood off the table. "Oh, alright. You gonna stay here?"

She shrugged. "For a while, if  nothin' happens, I'll head to the kitchen." Clint nodded, "How's Newt?"

"Same."

"He's going to wake up, Artemis, he's Newt, too stubborn to stay down"

She nodded. "Its been three days...but we never know."

Clint smiled at her and left.

Just as Artemis was about to leave Chuck ran in "'Sup Chuckles?" The boy looked ecstatic and excited, his cheeks flushed. "Artemis! Newt!" Artemis furrowed her brows. "Newt?"

"He's awake!"

Artemis froze. "Awake."  She rushed out.

"Artemis! Wait! I need to tell you! He doesn't-"

She bumped into Alby at the door way.

"Artemis, what are you... Of course you'd find out. You can go in, he ain't sayin much anyway."

Artemis couldn't get in fast enough. Newt was trying to sit up. Artemis walked forward slowly. "You're awake."

He smiled a breathtaking smile. "You really think that I'd die that easily?" She chuckled, "you almost did."

"Come on, and leave you with no one to annoy you?"

"Shuck, you're right, I doubt anyone in the Glade...hell, no one in the world could be as annoying as you."

"Bloody hell, you talking Glader slang already?" Newt smirked.

Her eyes widened "No."  She cracked a smile, "A little"

They sat there, smiling. Suddenly, Newt tilted his head at her as if he was focusing his smile faded. "I... I...you should go. I told Chuck not to tell you."

"Newt... Is this because of the cuts? Newt, do you blame me?"

"I....don't know... You...you need to leave."

Artemis stood. "Newt I thought you'd..." She sighed and walked out.

Had she stayed a little longer, she might've noticed the pained expression and the whispered, "I don't."
*gasp* What's going on with Newt?
I'm really sorry it's so short, but consider this...a filler chapter. Oh, and I know it's a bit much to ask, but would you...leave me a comment? And, if you can, a vote? Oh, I knew you'd understand! Until next time, y'all!