citizen again

"Good morning"

"Good morning" Danny greeted the parole board, taking a seat in front of the people who hold his fate in their hands.

"Please state your name for the record." One of the board members asked

"Daniel Ocean."

"Thank you."

"Mr. Ocean," another board member started, "the purpose of this meeting is to determine whether, if released, you are likely to break the law again. While this was your first conviction, you have been implicated, though never charged, in over a dozen other confidence schemes and frauds. What can you tell us about this?"

"As you say ma'am, I was never charged." He said, shifting slightly in his seat.

"Mr. Ocean, what we're trying to find out is: was there a reason you chose to commit this crime, or was there a reason why you simply got caught this time?" Another gentlemen asked.

"My wife left me," He began, "I was upset. I got myself into a self-destructive pattern."

"If released, is it likely you would fall back into a similar pattern?"

"My wife already left me once, I don't think she'll do it again just for kicks." Danny weakly joked.

"Mr. Ocean, what do you think you would do if released?"

*********************************
Once Danny had settled himself at the blackjack table he greeted the dealer,

"Chips please."

"Sure," The lady replied, uninterested, "Change one-fifty. Would you like quarters or nickels?"

"Quarters are fine." He replied with a smile.

"Good luck."

"Thank you"
Danny spotted the person he was looking for across the room, who was talking to his boss. Frank Catton. Danny caught his eye, and he ended his conversation and made his way over to the table.

"Twenty, dealer had nineteen. Good Start." She said.

"Thank you"

Frank came behind her and tapped her on the shoulder, signalling he would take over.

"Alright, going on break now." She told Danny.

"Here, thank you very much." As he handed her a tip.

"You have a good one" Frank said to her as she walked away, and then he turned towards Danny again.

"How are you, sir?"

"Hello Frank."

Frank glances up with wide eyes, quickly recovering.

"I beg your pardon, sir. You must have me confused with someone else. My name is Ramon, as you can see right here." Replies the croupier as he gestures towards his name tag.

"It's my mistake." He says with knowing eyes

"No problem, sir"

"Tables cold anyway." Danny says as he packs away his chips.

"You might want to try the lounge at Caesar's" 'Ramon' replies, as Danny starts to stand up, "it gets busy after one o'clock." He finished.

"One o'clock?" Danny questioned.

"Yes, sir." 'Ramon' replies with a firm nod.

"Thanks, Ramon." Danny responds and turns to leave.

"Thank you." 'Ramon' states as he watched the man walk away.

*********************************
"Checkin' up on current events?" the man Danny knows and worked with many times before his arrest asked as he came up behind him.
"Ramon?" Danny questioned with amusement.

"Glad to meet you." he joked, "Frank Catton wouldn't get by the gaming board. Just got out?" as he shifted in his chair slightly.

"This afternoon." Danny replied, before taking a sip of his drink, "You seen them?"

"Last I heard, they were teaching movies stars how to play cards." Frank told him what his heard through the grapevine. "Why? You have a plan already?"

"Are you kidding?" Danny asked with slight sarcasm, "I just became a citizen again."