team search

"Alright, who's in" Danny asked, as the three of them sat eating some lunch at a small restaurant. "Frank C. is in. Frank C. had developed a bad case of bronchitis and is putting in for a transfer to warmer climates. What about drivers?"

"I talked to the Malloy's yesterday."

"The Mormon twins?" Danny asked, interrupting his sister.

"They're both in Salt Lake City, six months off the job," Iris explained, "I got the sense they're having a little trouble filling the hours."

"Electronics?"

"Livingston Dell," Rusty responded, "Livingston's been doin' freelance surveillance work of late for the FBI Mob Squad."

"How are his nerves?"

"Okay." Rusty paused, "Not so bad, you'd notice."

"Munitions." Rusty asked after a moment

"Phil Turrentine." Danny answered, as if it was common knowledge.

"Dead." Iris stated bluntly.

"No shit? On the job?"

"Skin cancer."

"You send flowers?"

"She did." Rusty answered, pointing to Iris, who sat next to him, "I dated his wife for a while." Danny looked at Rusty with an irritated look for a moment but neither of the pair across from him knew why.

"Is Basher in town?"

"There might be an issue with availability." Iris said, looking at Rusty's watch.

*********************************
"And that's all you used during the event? Nothing else." A cop snapped at the man in handcuffs. The British-African man looked at the cop angrily.

"Are you accusin' me of booby-trappin'." He snapped back.

"Well, how 'bout it?"

"Booby traps aren't Mr. Tarr's style." Rusty said, as he walked over to the pair, playing detective. The cop turned to look at him.

"Isn't that right, Basher." Rusty asked him angrily.

"That's right." Basher answered sullenly, looking at the blonde man as if he was the root of all his problems.

"Peck. ATF," Rusty explained to the cop, flashing his badge briefly to him, "Let me venture a guess. Simple G4 mainliner, double coil, backwound, quick fuse with a drag under twenty feet. That's our man. Tell me something else. Have you checked this scumbag for booby traps on his person? I mean really checked and not just for weapons?"

The cop looked at him confused before reaching to grab Basher as Rusty suggested. Rusty quickly grabbed Basher by his collar and spun him around so he could pretend to frisk him.

"Will you go find Griggs and tell him I need to see him?"

"Who?" the cop asked.

"Just find him, will you?" The cop quickly walked off

"Hey Bash."

"Hey Russ."

"How fast can you put something together from what I just slipped you?"

"It's done."

"Okay." Rusty said, once again grabbing Basher by the collar and leading him away from the rigged cop car.

"Hey, is Danny about?" Basher asked, as they walked away, "What about his sister?"

"Yeah, they're waitin' around the corner." Rusty replied.